Post Game: Packers Defeat Broncos Move To 3-0

I agree that there is a lot to be excited about with this team. Having said that, here is what I saw after watching the game:

Thumbs Up

Williams- Jones did not have a great day but Williams covered for him. Ran tough and caught some balls out of the backfield. Solid day for Williams! 4.9 yards per carry.

Jenkins- I thought he had a solid day. Shaky in the beginning but settled in nicely. He should start until he loses the job.

Adams- Solid day for being doubled. so reliable and does not drop balls.

Martinez- Solid day. 13 tackles and some great open field tackles.

Alexander- He had a great game. Sanders only 2 catches and the strip fumble recovery on Noah Fant was excellent!

Preston Smith- This guy is having the best season of his career. 3 sacks and numerous pressures.

Z Smith- 2 sacks and was all over the place again. Amazing what happens when you have two guys that can set the edge and get pressure!

Thumbs Down

Run Defense- 150 yards on the ground given up. 4 yards per carry. I realize that Denver ran it 38 times but this is the weakness of the D. They need to fix it!

Kevin King- He played horrible. Beat multiple times and should have gotten beat a couple of times for TD's. His technique sucks. Not really impressed with King so far this season but he is the best we have after Alexander.

Aaron Rodgers- The 2nd drive was all on him. He missed two wide open receivers for first downs. He also missed Tonyan for a TD in the game as well.

MVS- Yes, he had 99 yards and a TD but he dropped two first down catches.

Allison- Dropped at least one ball. May have been two. And disappears for long stretches. Had 1 catch for -1 yards. That's what you get with an UDFA at WR. We need to draft one high next year.

Hey were 3-0. Cannot complain about too much but they have weaknesses. Run D on defense and WR's on O. I hope we can improve these areas before we get into the tough games on the road.

GB offense is struggling no doubt right now it's close to bottom 5 in YPG. The Defense is playing sound but surviving on the turnover. How much longer can that last?

I believe right now the Packers have had 32 offensive drives this season.

They have resulted in 7 TDs, 3 FG made, 1 missed FG, and 21 punts. So we are punting on nearly 2/3rds of all our possesions. that is way way to much and showing that the Rodgers and the offense are failing to get the job done.

And at least 2 of those offensive drives for TD's were very short fields thanks to the D.

I think it is a combo of AR's inaccuracies, holding on to the ball, and no WR's that can get open consistently besides Adams. I will still say AR does not trust his WR's, besides Adams. They are not where they are supposed to be at least from what I can see. AR only throws to them when they are really wide open or if he is under pressure and has to get rid of it.

MVS and someone else need to step up. We know it is not going to be Allison at this point.

Run Defense- 150 yards on the ground given up. 4 yards per carry. I realize that Denver ran it 38 times but this is the weakness of the D. They need to fix it!

It was an interesting strategy by Pettine, I have to re-watch but I don't think they ever went "heavy" on D to stop the run. I know BJ Goodson only got 25 snaps. Lancaster actually played a fair amount but I don't think they went too often to a heavy 3-4 base. Like the past few weeks, I think they were banking on the QB having to throw it eventually and he trusts the pass rush and the secondary so much right now, it's kind of what they want at least against the Flacco's of the world.

EDIT: meant to add, really credit Lindsey here, he was really running hard and that second TD was pretty incredible for a guy his size.

Next up we have Wentz, Dak and Stafford, so entering a different caliber of opponent here.

It was an interesting strategy by Pettine, I have to re-watch but I don't think they ever went "heavy" on D to stop the run. I know BJ Goodson only got 25 snaps. Lancaster actually played a fair amount but I don't think they went too often to a heavy 3-4 base. Like the past few weeks, I think they were banking on the QB having to throw it eventually and he trusts the pass rush and the secondary so much right now, it's kind of what they want at least against the Flacco's of the world.

EDIT: meant to add, really credit Lindsey here, he was really running hard and that second TD was pretty incredible for a guy his size.

Next up we have Wentz, Dak and Stafford, so entering a different caliber of opponent here.
Wentz talk about a guy who is so up and down.

Very good points, RP. I think we will play similarly against the Eagles and not play a ton of base. Dallas will be interesting since they are so balanced. It does seem like Pettine does not care so much about stopping the run.

Although, we do need another ILB next to Martinez. That is an issue for sure.

Great game! [/]
It seems to me that AR having a little difficulty adjusting to the fact that in this scheme he no longer has the game placed on his shoulders. A little patience and work on communicating with coaching is needed perhaps.

3-0!!!!!!!

I disagree. our running backs suck. 78 combined yards on 22 rushes. like it or not, the offense is still dependent upon aaron rodgers. he's got two receivers that account for the bulk of the yards and one of them only catches about half of the balls thrown his way.

it's great that we have a defense that can win when the offense puts up only 20 points, but the offense still has to score.

don't get me wrong. i am loving this defense.

Back