Post Game: Packers Defeat Cowboys In A Thriller

crappy, ugly, frustrating, and at times brilliant.

Those are the kinds of teams that often win Superbowls, sometimes. GB really shouldn't have won, but they did.

Still early in the season but if Arod can keep putting them over the top with a few key plays from D they may have something.

Will see towards end of season where they really stand. But no reason this team shouldn't be 6-1 at the bye..

• Aaron Rodger is the GOAT!
  • We have a real RB! (Sorry, Ty.) Initially the O-Line looked bad on pass plays, but once the Cowboy D realized we had a running threat in Aaron Jones they had to recognize, Rodgers wasn't running for his life as much. Think about how much more Rodgers will do with a good RB, and when the OL returns to health! Let's hope MM sticks with Aaron Jones and not feel an obligation to return to Montgomery with broken ribs.
  • Tremendous performance by Davante.
  • Vogel only punted twice, but does a nice job.
  • LS and holder need to work 10 hrs/day, all seven days this week to ensure they get the PERFECT hold each and every time Mason kicks.
  • Nice to see Randall get a pick-six. Let's hope that helps snap him out of the funk he's in.
  • Speaking of defense, BRILLIANT performance on the last Cowboys drive by the beautifully Capers-coached defense to allow an 8 minute drive and pretending to bite on the Dak fake to let him score a go-ahead TD, thereby leaving EXACTLY enough time for Rodgers to win the game!

The thing I liked the most about this win was sticking it to Aikmen after he said the Packers aren't built to play from behind. What team is built to play from behind? Do GMs draft guys with that in mind?

well that and the fact that Detroit lost so the pack are all alone atop the NFCN

I thought Aikmans comment was more directed at the D. When ahead the other team tends to run the ball more and wear a defense out, and he was saying our D isn't built to get stops in those situations. Which is true enough. I mean of course no team wants to play that way but other s have the personnel to hold up and get stops, whereas our D is more predicated on that nitro, 2DL stuff. Aikman isn't wrong, and in the second half Capers even played a modified 4-3 type D with CMIII back in coverage to add more mass to the front 7.

Also right now on O, when behind, you theoretically start throwing more which puts more pressure on the OL to win pass blocking, and we're obviously unsettled there. Thankfully MM and AR stuck with Jones, which IMO saved the game for them. If they go pass whacky right away I think it turns into a rout.

Speaking of defense, BRILLIANT performance on the last Cowboys drive by the beautifully Capers-coached defense to allow an 8 minute drive and pretending to bite on the Dak fake to let him score a go-ahead TD, thereby leaving EXACTLY enough time for Rodgers to win the game!

now that right there was hilarious. rofl(

Think about how much more Rodgers will do with a good RB, and when the OL returns to health!

i'm not so sure. the guys we have on the o-line right now are known for their run blocking skills. take that away, and maybe these running lanes disappear.

yes indeed. but today they did just enough to win. without that pick-six by randall, i don't think we win.

the offense only had seven possessions in the whole game, and they scored on five of them. it would be hard to ask much more from them.

Yeah. Randall actually does something great and screws it up with a penalty. nuts((

• We have a real RB! (Sorry, Ty.) Initially the O-Line looked bad on pass plays, but once the Cowboy D realized we had a running threat in Aaron Jones they had to recognize, Rodgers wasn't running for his life as much. Think about how much more Rodgers will do with a good RB, and when the OL returns to health! Let's hope MM sticks with Aaron Jones and not feel an obligation to return to Montgomery with broken ribs.
  • Tremendous performance by Davante.
  • Vogel only punted twice, but does a nice job.
  • LS and holder need to work 10 hrs/day, all seven days this week to ensure they get the PERFECT hold each and every time Mason kicks.
  • Nice to see Randall get a pick-six. Let's hope that helps snap him out of the funk he's in.
  • Speaking of defense, BRILLIANT performance on the last Cowboys drive by the beautifully Capers-coached defense to allow an 8 minute drive and pretending to bite on the Dak fake to let him score a go-ahead TD, thereby leaving EXACTLY enough time for Rodgers to win the game!

Totally agree. I kept thinking to myself...so that's what a RB does. They need to leave Williams on the bench. All he does is run into his blockers.

Can't say enough about AR. Or Adams for that matter. Hard to believe that he recovered from that hit so quickly.

I wonder if this team will ever be relatively healthy. *sigh*

T
I wonder if this team will ever be relatively healthy. *sigh*

I'd say they were relatively healthy last night. Only 3 of the players on the inactive list for the game were injured. Thomas, Bahk and Montgomery. Everyone else played.

Back