Post Game Packers Defeat Panthers 24-16

Refs seemed to be very one-sided in calls tonight going almost all against GB for a lot of nit picky crap. One penalty the called on GB I swore I saw Carolina jump offsides on play but no flag.

Alexander guy needs to learn to start catching balls that hit him in the hands.

Glad ML finally ran ball. Jones and Williams duo really carried this team in tonight.

Though overall players go into their bye week riding high on a 8-2 record. Get to take a week off to rest bodies and minds. Hopefully ML can take the next 2 weeks to put in a good game plan to beat the 49ers. If GB at worst can go 4-2 that would at least get them a WC spot if not the division. Week 16 could be the game for the divison whe Packers face MN.

Question:
On the final play a CAR OL was trying to drag CMC across the goal line.
Now, it used to be illegal to push a pile/runner from behind, but that’s ok now.
But my understanding is that it is still illegal to drag/pull a runner forward.

Anyone know for sure?

I thought that should have been a penalty on CAR.

Question:
Now, it used to be illegal to push a pile/runner from behind, but that’s ok now.

Anyone know for sure?

I think it’s technically illegal but never enforced. The CAR OL grabbed McCaffey and threw him forward, that was no little push or nudge.

Glad ML finally ran ball. Jones and Williams duo really carried this team in tonight.

26 combined runs for those two, 29 passes for Rodgers. That’s not enough! Jones over 7 ypc, Williams just under 5. Protecting a lead in a bad weather game, that’s not enough runs. There’s no law that says you aren’t allowed to run the ball 3 times in a row. Goalline to end the half, three throws, 3 misses by Rodgers. I don’t mind running the ball at all on 4th and goal, we should’ve run it at least once in the previous three down street though. AR still hasn’t embraced the identity of being a running team.

Rodgers needs to run the offense and move the chains.

His all too frequent bombs away - especially on 3d and short - is hurting the Pack. But, it isn't going to change because as he's said, moving the chains isn't football. So we'll be golfing in January.

Question:

Anyone know for sure?

You CAN push the pile... you are not supposed to push or pull the runner for safety reasons.

Back