Post Game Packers Defeat Panthers 24-16

I don't want to litigate the officials. I want to say that the Packers did play well enough to win the game. That's all that really matters. It wasn't a great day for Rodgers, but it doesn't matter. You don't need to be Superman every time you take the field, and it's good having a QB who understands that. I wish they could have taught Favre the same thing.

Slowly but surely, Lazard and Kumerow are moving up into the top 3 receivers on the team. Allison is going to end up #4. They only targeted 4 WRs yesterday, and Graham. Not a wide spread of targets. Expect that in bad weather. It's how you lay it out in practice. The objective? Hang on to the ball!

Two weeks off is going to do the team a lot of good. What may appear as minor injuries to some are actually pretty darned serious when it comes to playing up to expectations. A broken thumb, with a club hand? You're tackling with one hand. An offensive lineman who can't get a piece of jersey inside the pads? He becomes a fly who can be battled away, because he can't use that inside leverage to keep his balance. They're often the first ones that the officials look for. They see that one good hand grabbing a mitt full of jersey.

New offense and defense. You bet. Not new in the sense that they throw things out, but you can bet your bippy that we're going to see some interesting wrinkles coming out of the tunnel when they get back in harness. When you have a solid week to just review every movement of every player, on every play, repeatedly, you see things that you've missed, when you're trying to plan for an upcoming game.

Think about Herschel Walker. When he went to the Vikings, he wouldn't put his mouthpiece in his mouth when he wasn't going to carry the ball. When it was in his mouth, they knew he was coming. We all have tells, like it or not.

Wait a minute I found this >>>
The organization recently completed a five-month reconstruction of Lambeau Field’s turf, transitioning from the GrassMaster polypropylene fibers it installed before the 2007 season to polyethylene-based SIS Grass.
Although Lambeau Field houses the first SIS Grass field in the United States, the technology has grown in popularity on soccer fields throughout the world over the past decade.

So it's not the grassmaster Field they had before.

Popular on soccer fields? That explains all the flopping.

I don't want to litigate the officials. I want to say that the Packers did play well enough to win the game. That's all that really matters. It wasn't a great day for Rodgers, but it doesn't matter. You don't need to be Superman every time you take the field, and it's good having a QB who understands that. I wish they could have taught Favre the same thing.

Slowly but surely, Lazard and Kumerow are moving up into the top 3 receivers on the team. Allison is going to end up #4. They only targeted 4 WRs yesterday, and Graham. Not a wide spread of targets. Expect that in bad weather. It's how you lay it out in practice. The objective? Hang on to the ball!

Two weeks off is going to do the team a lot of good. What may appear as minor injuries to some are actually pretty darned serious when it comes to playing up to expectations. A broken thumb, with a club hand? You're tackling with one hand. An offensive lineman who can't get a piece of jersey inside the pads? He becomes a fly who can be battled away, because he can't use that inside leverage to keep his balance. They're often the first ones that the officials look for. They see that one good hand grabbing a mitt full of jersey.

New offense and defense. You bet. Not new in the sense that they throw things out, but you can bet your bippy that we're going to see some interesting wrinkles coming out of the tunnel when they get back in harness. When you have a solid week to just review every movement of every player, on every play, repeatedly, you see things that you've missed, when you're trying to plan for an upcoming game.

Think about Herschel Walker. When he went to the Vikings, he wouldn't put his mouthpiece in his mouth when he wasn't going to carry the ball. When it was in his mouth, they knew he was coming. We all have tells, like it or not.
Outside Adams all these WRs are just average and likely never going to be more then that Lazard has show flashes he can get better but outside of that MVS, Allison, Kumerow are nothing special. Packers need to look early in draft or go find a good vet to bet the #2. You can deal with average as your 3-5 guys but need a good #2.

Rodgers is an amazing talent. He makes throws that are to believe. It is tremendously exciting.

But, and it is a big but, the Packers need him to move the chains and keep our defense off the field.

For whatever reason, he stubbornly refuses. Our recievers are open if he would throw on schedule. They might not be big plays, but I believe we would keep more drives alive which could lead to more points. It also makes it easier on the offensive line, and rests the defense.

Rodgers is an amazing talent. He makes throws that are to believe. It is tremendously exciting.

But, and it is a big but, the Packers need him to move the chains and keep our defense off the field.

For whatever reason, he stubbornly refuses. Our recievers are open if he would throw on schedule. They might not be big plays, but I believe we would keep more drives alive which could lead to more points. It also makes it easier on the offensive line, and rests the defense.
I respectfully disagree. They are not open. Separation is a major issue

re mvs: he was listed on the injury report all week with an ankle/knee. rodgers only targeted him once the entire game. kicking a guy when he's down is not really fair. at least he was out there trying to fight through the injury.

Back