Post Game Thread: Green Bay defeats Atlanta 30-16

Things I Liked
  • Game plan to utilize TE and RB in passing game was impressive
  • Robert Tonyan that is all
  • Alexander shut down Ridley, impressed
  • We dominated in the trenches. Both sides
  • 12 just sees the field better, it’s like pitch and catch out the
Things I Did Not Like
  • Would have loved to see MVS be more of a factor, Atlanta secondary was in a shambles but he was just meh
  • Would have liked to see Jones more involved in 1st half. Some was situational and flow of game but he needs more touches
  • Missed extra point. Ok nitpicking but could come back to

Miscellaneous
  • Lambeau looked odd empty. Please get rid of fake noise
  • Have to stay healthy, depth is questionable
  • We are 4-0

Things I Liked
  • Game plan to utilize TE and RB in passing game was impressive
  • Robert Tonyan that is all
  • Alexander shut down Ridley, impressed
  • We dominated in the trenches. Both sides
  • 12 just sees the field better, it’s like pitch and catch out the
Things I Did Not Like
  • Would have loved to see MVS be more of a factor, Atlanta secondary was in a shambles but he was just meh
  • Would have liked to see Jones more involved in 1st half. Some was situational and flow of game but he needs more touches
  • Missed extra point. Ok nitpicking but could come back to

Miscellaneous
  • Lambeau looked odd empty. Please get rid of fake noise
  • Have to stay healthy, depth is questionable
  • We are 4-0
I thought I saw a stat Jones was only on the field like 16 out of 32 snaps in the first half?

That’s my point. Some might have been down and distance related and situational but ...
Yeah I did not know if ML wanted to keep him fresh for later in the game so he would not take to many touches early but the lack of snaps for Dillon makes me wonder if he is having issues picking up the playbook that he is seeing 1-2 snaps a game running the ball.

Yeah I did not know if ML wanted to keep him fresh for later in the game so he would not take to many touches early
I don’t think that was it. Flow of game dictates some of it and situational but I would have liked to see him split out more. Yeah it’s nitpicking to some degree

• we are 4-0.
  • rodgers had a passer rating of 147.5, which is outstanding. his season average rating is second only to wilson.
  • tonyan had a great game. 6 catches on 6 targets for 98 yards and three tds. i've often thought we should use him more.
  • williams had a great game. 8 catches on 8 targets for 95 yards. plus another 10 yards on the ground.
  • jones had a great game. 5 catches on 5 targets for 40 yards and a td. plus another 71 yards on the ground.
  • taylor only had one target, but he made the most of it.
  • shepherd, mvs and ervin were non-factors.
  • dillon had one carry for three yards. great value in the second round.
  • boyle is racking up the negative yards.
  • the defense was inconsistent. at times they looked decent - holding the falcons to 3 points in the first half. they only gave up one play of 20+ yards. but they also gave up two td drives in a row in the second half when they were playing soft.
  • watching our offense stall within six inches of the goal line was frustrating.
  • the first offensive series of the second half was weird. atl's pass defense was a mess, but we were trying to run the ball.
  • actually, i think this was the worst our offense has looked all season - which makes sense given the injuries. but if 30 points is our worst, i'm pretty happy. we had seven offensive plays of 20+ yards. tonyan was the receiver on three of the seven.

Last edited:
  • we are 4-0.
  • rodgers had a passer rating of 147.5, which is outstanding. his season average rating is second only to wilson.
  • tonyan had a great game. 6 catches on 6 targets for 98 yards and three tds. i've often thought we should use him more.
  • williams had a great game. 8 catches on 8 targets for 95 yards. plus another 10 yards on the ground.
  • jones had a great game. 5 catches on 5 targets for 40 yards and a td. plus another 71 yards on the ground.
  • taylor only had one target, but he made the most of it.
  • shepherd, mvs and ervin were non-factors.
  • dillon had one carry for three yards. great value in the second round.
  • boyle is racking up the negative yards.
  • the defense was inconsistent. at times they looked decent - holding the falcons to 3 points in the first half. they only gave of one play of 20+ yards. but they also gave up two td drives in a row in the second half when they were playing soft.
  • watching our offense stall within six inches of the goal line was frustrating.
  • the first offensive series of the second half was weird. atl's pass defense was a mess, but we were trying to run the ball.
  • actually, i think this was the worst our offense has looked all season - which makes sense given the injuries. but if 30 points is our worst, i'm pretty happy. we had seven offensive plays of 20+ yards. tonyan was the receiver on three of the seven.

You've always been one to tout using Tonyan more. Good call. Looks like he showed how integral he can be. This was a good game to give more opposing defenses some headaches while game planning. ML has done a fine job with this offense. It's fun to watch.

You've always been one to tout using Tonyan more. Good call. Looks like he showed how integral he can be. This was a good game to give more opposing defenses some headaches while game planning. ML has done a fine job with this offense. It's fun to watch.

We may have seen some of this in Tonyan last year, but he had a core injury around Week 4 or 5 and decided to play through it rather than have surgery. So he was playing with a handicap.
He had off-season surgery and is 100% now, and we are seeing the real Robert Tonyan in this offense.

Wish I had the foresight to lay a bet in Vegas that Tonyan would lead the NFL in receiving TD’s at the quarter pole. I’d probably be retiring today!
thumbsup
Kinda glad we didn’t get a chance to draft TJ Hockenson. ;)

Good thing about Tonyan is he is only a RFA. You could probably slap the 2nd round tender on him and not worry about another team making an offer to him and if you are really worried pay a little more put the 1st round tender on him and then no one will touch him and you can put off having to sign him long term for a year as you worry about other guys who are UFA's this year.

Back