Post Game Thread : Packers Sneak By Texans 21-13

One big positive with Rip. Was listening to post game radio and Larry was interviewing Rip about his TD. Rip gave all the credit to the OL. Said all he did was run behind them. Refreshing humility and character from some of the other things we've heard this season (ahem, mm, daniels, pennel issues, suspensions etc..)

UGH! Very little 'muddle' offense. No Tempo! Rodgers passing up open WRs looking for bigger plays. Starks is over, he doesn't seem to have any vision out there and keeps running straight into people. Another three and out to open the second half! We were lucky we were playing the Texans without Clowney and Watt.
This was the first game this season that the opposition didn't score within the last two minutes of the first half. Let that sink in. Eleven straight games where we surrendered a score inside the last two minutes.
Thank goodness their CB fell down for Jordy's easy TD!
There are really no thumbs up in this one.

UGH! Very little 'muddle' offense. No Tempo! Rodgers passing up open WRs looking for bigger plays. Starks is over, he doesn't seem to have any vision out there and keeps running straight into people. Another three and out to open the second half! We were lucky we were playing the Texans without Clowney and Watt.
This was the first game this season that the opposition didn't score within the last two minutes of the first half. Let that sink in. Eleven straight games where we surrendered a score inside the last two minutes.
Thank goodness their CB fell down for Jordy's easy TD!
There are really no thumbs up in this one.

Come on, Ebenezer, the conditions yesterday were not ideal and we still moved the ball, even in the air, with a one legged QB and not much of a running game.

No idea why Clay was out there with one arm, should not have been playing. Toughness is one thing, trotting out an ineffective player is another.

Hopefully we saw the final nail in the coffin of James Starks as starter. Michael showed some semblance of burst and willingness to run between the tackles. Monty is the best RB we have right now. Rip can move the pile a little. Also saw the return of the 2007 backfield with two FB. I know MM loves Starks but his outside bounces kill us at times and I still hate the way he carries the ball away from his body.

Professionals won't throw in the towel, but my impression is that these wins are just delaying the inevitable and putting us in worse draft position without even a playoff berth to show for it. Worst of all worlds.

No idea why Clay was out there with one arm, should not have been playing. Toughness is one thing, trotting out an ineffective player is another.

Hopefully we saw the final nail in the coffin of James Starks as starter. Michael showed some semblance of burst and willingness to run between the tackles. Monty is the best RB we have right now. Rip can move the pile a little. Also saw the return of the 2007 backfield with two FB. I know MM loves Starks but his outside bounces kill us at times and I still hate the way he carries the ball away from his body.

Professionals won't throw in the towel, but my impression is that these wins are just delaying the inevitable and putting us in worse draft position without even a playoff berth to show for it. Worst of all worlds.

I have a feeling Clay played because we needed somebody in there with Martinez and Fackrell out and Ryan not 100%.

While I don't believe in losing games for better draft position, that is the irony in all of this. They may well play hard and end up 9-7 and out of the playoffs and in the process drop 8-10 spots in the draft. If I "knew" they weren't making the playoffs, I'd be all right with losses in the last 4 games. (In the meantime I'll hope they run the table and add a few weeks of fun to the long winter.) It'd be fun in April to be talking about a top-half of the draft type player that we might get.

With this being the first year in a long time that the topic even comes up, I was wondering about how the fate of the Packers, or any other team, for that matter, have been/would be changed by a higher draft position in a given year. Of course, there's no way of knowing if the optimal pick would have been made, anyhow (think Tony Mandarich), but which in which year do you think which team(s) would have made significant strides by losing?

Back