Preseason Week 3 Green Bay vs Vegas Raiders

Couldn't agree more on the field time they usually get in preseason. At this point, we have to wonder if Rodgers will even see the field during preseason. If he doesn't, with a new system, he's going to be doing catch-up in getting up to speed.
this seems like a league wide trend, even teams with new QB's and/or systems. And with all of the OTA work and also joint practices I get it

This is why it's BS owners force season ticket holders to buy pre-season games since you have to pay to see backups.

So lets's say Aaron doesn't play a game in the preseason. What kind of numbers will it take in the first couple weeks to show you guys it isn't that big of an issue? Last year in his first 3 starts on the regular season he was 77-116 for 832 yards, 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

So lets's say Aaron doesn't play a game in the preseason. What kind of numbers will it take in the first couple weeks to show you guys it isn't that big of an issue? Last year in his first 3 starts on the regular season he was 77-116 for 832 yards, 6 TDs and 0 INTs.
Considering it’s a new system and more run centric can’t compare numbers. I will look at more flow and rhythm

Packinatl said: Considering it’s a new system and more run centric can’t compare numbers. I will look at more flow and rhythm.

This is what people often miss. When you start the regular season less than totally prepared, you're risking injury. There's no substitute for repetition in practice and the preseason to get everything in sync.

My concern will be for injuries, particularly to key players on offense like Rodgers, because of the lack of sync. Apparently people have forgotten that Rodgers was injured during the first game last year, and fought past it. Even though the stats are good, it doesn't tell the damage that that injury did down the road, after the pain set in, and he began living with it week after week.

If he gets hurt early, I'm putting it right on the shoulders of the coaches.

Apparently the turf is crap up there I am hearing. Wouldn't be surprised if we see all the key starters sit tonight.

Packinatl said: Considering it’s a new system and more run centric can’t compare numbers. I will look at more flow and rhythm.

This is what people often miss. When you start the regular season less than totally prepared, you're risking injury. There's no substitute for repetition in practice and the preseason to get everything in sync.

My concern will be for injuries, particularly to key players on offense like Rodgers, because of the lack of sync. Apparently people have forgotten that Rodgers was injured during the first game last year, and fought past it. Even though the stats are good, it doesn't tell the damage that that injury did down the road, after the pain set in, and he began living with it week after week.

If he gets hurt early, I'm putting it right on the shoulders of the coaches.
And if he gets injured in preseason especially after not being at 100% thats on the staff also. Its a catch 22 based on the limitations of the CBA. I think to some extent the 3rd game / dress rehearsal is overrated. 3 or 4 series in one game is not enough reps to get in sync, especially vs very vanilla defense sets. My point on flow are the routes crisp, is he reading progressions in the context of the offense, is he checking out of plays. If he's off timing wise and accuracy I can live with that. That scrimmage vs Houston was to me like a dress rehearsal in many ways

Then the smart move would have had to put him in for a couple of series in the first game, not back load it so there wasn't a back-up plan. That's not hindsight, that's foresight.

Without at least a couple of series during preseason, he's not going to get the feel of the game before the season starts. Practice never approaches the intensity of a game.

Practice does not and I agree, but I don't think the intensity in the regular season can be duplicated in pre season. Its vanilla and base defense and the risk of losing your largest investment is outweighs what 1 or 2 series of base football gets you. Back up plan? there is none and thats my point. Pre season is about evaluating the bottom 3rd of your roster and staying healthy.

Back