DL: Adams, Clark, Lowry, Lancaster, Kingsley
LB: P. Smith, Z. Smith, Gary, Fackrell, Martinez, Bolton
S: Savage, Amos, Greene
CB: Alexander, King, Williams, Brown, Jackson
LS: Bradley
P: Scot
K: Crosby

Good Chance: (9)

QB: Kizer/Boyle (While neither should make it one will get the backup job)
RB: J. Williams
WR: Shepard
OL: Light, McCray
TE: Lewis
LB: Gilbert
S: J. Jones
CB: Hollman

IR: (1)

LB: Burks

So my list would leave open 6 more roster spots that really are wide open spots.

Reactions: TW
i think that's pretty accurate. depends on vitale's injury status. but they clearly want a fullback.

QB: Rodgers,Kizer, Boyle
WR: Adams, MVS, Allison, Kuemrow,Shepard ,Lazard, Davis
RB: Jones,J.Williams, Carson
FB: Vitale
TE: Graham, Sternberger,Lewis, Tonyan
OL: Bak, Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga, Jenkins,Light , McCray, Patrick
LB: P. Smith, Z. Smith, Gary, Fackrell, Martinez, Bolton, Gilbert ,Burks(Will go IR and return but has to be on the 53)
S: Savage, Amos, Greene,Jones
CB: Alexander, King, Williams, Brown, Jackson, Hollman
P: Scott

Packers could do two things not include Gilbert and sign a MLB and add a RB/FB off waivers to the opening day roster.

QB: Rodgers,Kizer, Boyle
WR: Adams, MVS, Allison, Kuemrow,Shepard ,Lazard, Davis
RB: Jones,J.Williams, Carson
FB: Vitale
TE: Graham, Sternberger,Lewis, Tonyan
OL: Bak, Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga, Jenkins,Light , McCray, Patrick
LB: P. Smith, Z. Smith, Gary, Fackrell, Martinez, Bolton, Gilbert ,Burks(Will go IR and return but has to be on the 53)
S: Savage, Amos, Greene,Jones
CB: Alexander, King, Williams, Brown, Jackson, Hollman
P: Scott

Packers could do two things not include Gilbert and sign a MLB and add a RB/FB off waivers to the opening day roster.
So you think packers will go heavy and go 7 at WR and 4 at TE?

They'll protect those WR from waivers...ML loves his 2 TE sets
Only thing I would consider is flipping St. Brown for Davis as Shepard and Davis have two very similar skill sets and if Shepard can do the KR role there would be really no need for Davis.

After going over the entire roster today, and looking at who you guys have selected, I'm guessing you might be right on the money. In fact, this is one year that the final selections seem a little more cut and dry then they have over most years.

Nobody outside your listings seems to have stood out enough to make the Packers risk keeping them. In fact, I don't think there's anyone beyond that list that they'll pursue too strongly to get them onto the practice squad.

I found it interesting that you have 3 QBs on the list. In the past, with McCarthy, it was usually 2, but LeFleur doesn't talk like he'd object to carrying three, and might just do that instead of finding someone they could bring back to the practice squad. I think the 3 makes a lot of sense, because it gives the Boyle/Kizer growth comparison a little more time to develop, so they can see which one should really be #2.

The areas that concern me most at this point are safety, linebacker, and both lines. The numbers are a little thinner in each since there was talent that needed to be kept, at other positions. But, at the same time, I'm very much aware that over the first half of the season, there will be a lot of talent out there, still in playing condition, looking for a place to hang their hat. Not necessarily someone who could be a starter, but a body to fill a roster spot, and soak up a few plays now and then, the spell someone who's spending a lot of time on the field.

Only thing I would consider is flipping St. Brown for Davis as Shepard and Davis have two very similar skill sets and if Shepard can do the KR role there would be really no need for Davis.
ST coach is gaga over Davis and he has a voice in the room this year so I went Davis.

Back