Rodgers MVP?

Packers' Rodgers PFWA NFL MVP; Titans' Henry Offensive Player of the Year; Rams' Donald Defensive Player of the Year

Now I can say it, can't I? He did have a helluva year. With a defense that was functioning reasonably well, he would have led them to the championship. He simply played that well.

I do believe that they either give him a new, extended contract that carries him guarantees until he's 40+, or he's going to walk away, and it's going to be an ugly divorce.

He's obviously pissed about something, and it has nothing to do with his coach. It's all about the front office, and I have a thought that the draft of Love had nothing really to do with LeFleur. I think that was all on Gute and his group.

Anyhow, like him or not, we've been blessed with two damned good QBs for decades. When he's gone, it's going to take a lot of years before Packer fans see another era like this. Ask the 49ers. After Montana and Young were gone, they had a lot of crap years while they searched for someone good enough to give them consistency. It isn't that easy to find.

Now I can say it, can't I? He did have a helluva year. With a defense that was functioning reasonably well, he would have led them to the championship. He simply played that well.

I do believe that they either give him a new, extended contract that carries him guarantees until he's 40+, or he's going to walk away, and it's going to be an ugly divorce.

He's obviously pissed about something, and it has nothing to do with his coach. It's all about the front office, and I have a thought that the draft of Love had nothing really to do with LeFleur. I think that was all on Gute and his group.

Anyhow, like him or not, we've been blessed with two damned good QBs for decades. When he's gone, it's going to take a lot of years before Packer fans see another era like this. Ask the 49ers. After Montana and Young were gone, they had a lot of crap years while they searched for someone good enough to give them consistency. It isn't that easy to find.
Not sure then extend him years TW but I can see to appease him they do take money on current contract and guarantee some of it.

It was a remarkable year, and especially when you factor in age. He performed like a 27 yr old. I give some of that credit to the ML offense, but Rodgers made it work. Dare we say that it could be better in 2021? I know. That’s a reach.
The future isn’t written yet and I think that applies to both him possibly playing better (add a WR maybe?), and his whatever has him irritated.
For players like Rodgers, “legacy” means as much or more than money. Because of that, I think he works things out with whoever he needs to because he wants, maybe needs, to add one more SB to his legacy to feel right about it. And he now see’s the possibilities in ML’s offense.

OKAY, I'll say it here just like the other two threads. Winning the MVP should not be as important as that second ring to him BUT it is. There are other coaches/mentors on this forum and all of them being true will tell you that's a HUGE character flaw for a team leader.... often times a fatal one to your team's success.

I don't give a rat's @$$ about his numbers or the other bologna. Yes, I know I know he had a great year bh) but your 10 years removed from a title... not 2-3 yrs 10. Yeah, I am put off by the emphasis of both Rodgers and his teammates on who went to the pro bowl yadda yadda rather than focusing on the goal at hand....back to back NFC title loss's the last 2 years and the last one at home isn't all on coaching a piece of that is on our personal and poor leadership. That might not sit well on your breakfast stomach but it is what is.

Back