Rodgers to play past 40?

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Says he would at least like to play out the next 4 years of his current deal and if he's still playing well will see playing beyond that.

I am not sure he makes it to 40. One more serious injury and I can see he hangs it up. Also I don't know if his skill level keeps up to his pay for the next for years. I am thinking maybe 2-3 years in GB does he go elsewhere after that who knows.

haters gonna hate.
Why does that make us haters? The truth is after Favre we need to move him while he still has value which in my mind is the next 2-3 years. This whole let the guy play 20 years and retire fairytale nonsense needs to stop. The NFL is a business and we have to do what's best for the organization longterm not make the melancholy fans happy. tc(

It's a business. You get paid for results. You either pay enough or someone else will.

i get what you are saying mark, but i have also heard many experts say that when you have a qb that you know is one of the best, you should never let him walk in free agency or trade him because you don't know if you will ever be able to replace him with someone equally as good. there is a shortage of good quarterbacks in the nfl. we are lucky to have two hall of fame level qbs in a row. do we need to keep bring new qbs into the fold to prepare for the day when rodgers is no longer capable? yes, i do believe we do. but i don't share the opinion that he is already past his expiration date.

i get what you are saying mark, but i have also heard many experts say that when you have a qb that you know is one of the best, you should never let him walk in free agency or trade him because you don't know if you will ever be able to replace him with someone equally as good. there is a shortage of good quarterbacks in the nfl. we are lucky to have two hall of fame level qbs in a row. do we need to keep bring new qbs into the fold to prepare for the day when rodgers is no longer capable? yes, i do believe we do. but i don't share the opinion that he is already past his expiration date.
Look at all the great QB's how many finish up were they played most if all their careers? Only recent one will be Brees all the rest are told sorry we are moving on you want to play still go find a new team. If the pats can move on from Brady Packers can move on from Rodgers just as easy.

The trend on QB’s is that when they go stale, they go stale real fast.
To me, Aaron still has the physical tools. It's just a problem of throwing while fading backwards off the back foot. Running the play clock down to 1 second. Holding the ball to long.

Add to that, taking a year to learn this new system. Matt has a year of success under his belt. He should be slightly more confident in making demands of Aaron.

Look at all the great QB's how many finish up were they played most if all their careers? Only recent one will be Brees all the rest are told sorry we are moving on you want to play still go find a new team. If the pats can move on from Brady Packers can move on from Rodgers just as easy.

moving on is the easy part. let's see how they do after they move on. with the pats, you have the bb factor. there is no comparable coach in green bay. when ar moves on, this team will take a decade to recover imho.

To me, Aaron still has the physical tools. It's just a problem of throwing while fading backwards off the back foot. Running the play clock down to 1 second. Holding the ball to long.

Add to that, taking a year to learn this new system. Matt has a year of success under his belt. He should be slightly more confident in making demands of Aaron.
Big part of early Rodgers game was his ability to run. That for most part is gone now making him a pocket passer only making it easier to defend him.

Back