Rodgers to play past 40?

Big part of early Rodgers game was his ability to run. That for most part is gone now making him a pocket passer only making it easier to defend him.

in 2019 rodgers made 17 first downs by running with the ball. and he still spends a lot of time outside the pocket. he is definitely not a pocket passer. do you even watch packers games any more?

i saw a video compilation of 15 40+ yard passes that rodgers made in 2019 where the ball hit the receiver in the hands and fell incomplete. give rodgers just one more decent receiver beyond adams, and you will see that he is still one of the top passers in the nfl.

To me, Aaron still has the physical tools. It's just a problem of throwing while fading backwards off the back foot. Running the play clock down to 1 second. Holding the ball to long.

Add to that, taking a year to learn this new system. Matt has a year of success under his belt. He should be slightly more confident in making demands of Aaron.
Stop with the mechanics excuse. He’s more of a statue in the pocket than the past and his velocity is down. Father Time is undefeated

in 2019 rodgers made 17 first downs by running with the ball. and he still spends a lot of time outside the pocket. he is definitely not a pocket passer. do you even watch packers games any more?

i saw a video compilation of 15 40+ yard passes that rodgers made in 2019 where the ball hit the receiver in the hands and fell incomplete. give rodgers just one more decent receiver beyond adams, and you will see that he is still one of the top passers in the nfl.
When was the last time you seen Rodgers pull the ball down and just run? Do you even watch the games anymore? He's a pocket passer who will take a sack now more then run the dang ball.

It’s more his ability to extend plays has been reduced due to age and injuries.
I agree I think it's also part mental ever since breaking his collarbone a second time I think he does not want to take a chance of injury by running it so he will stay in the pocket more often they trying to run outside and either run or extend the play.

When was the last time you seen Rodgers pull the ball down and just run?
he's obviously not lamar jackson or josh allen. his bread and butter is his arm. as i said before, he made 17 first downs by running with the ball in 2019. a few of those were pretty long runs. so the last time i saw him pull the ball down and just run was during the 2019 season. he still makes plays with his feet. but the more important thing is that he was good enough to get the packers to the nfc championship game in his first season with a new head coach and offensive scheme.

he's obviously not lamar jackson or josh allen. his bread and butter is his arm. as i said before, he made 17 first downs by running with the ball in 2019. a few of those were pretty long runs. so the last time i saw him pull the ball down and just run was during the 2019 season. he still makes plays with his feet. but the more important thing is that he was good enough to get the packers to the nfc championship game in his first season with a new head coach and offensive scheme.

People do seem to forget that they did make it to the final four before bowing out. Obviously Rodgers contributed a lot to that record. You don't get there without a QB. He threw for 4,000 yards without any receivers beyond one according to some people, and was 26/4 in the TD/INT stats.

It's a given that he's getting older and can do less. Yet, is the less he can do so bad that we should jettison him for someone else?

I'm inclined to go with those who say it's time for the Packers to get someone in-house that they can coach up, so he can step up, when the time is right. I think Rodgers will know when that time is right far earlier than we will to be honest. I don't see him being the type of guy who would want to outstay his welcome.

to be honest, his 21 million cap figure for 2020 is a bargain. he's the tenth highest salary cap number for qbs this year. and at least five of the guys above him have nowhere near his capability.

to be honest, his 21 million cap figure for 2020 is a bargain. he's the tenth highest salary cap number for qbs this year. and at least five of the guys above him have nowhere near his capability.
It's not this year that worries it's 2022 when you have to make the choice to keep him or not 2022 is first year the cap number greatly outweighs the deadcap.

2022 you will have $39.85 million cap number compared to a $17.2 million dead cap.

It's not this year that worries it's 2022 when you have to make the choice to keep him or not 2022 is first year the cap number greatly outweighs the deadcap.

2022 you will have $39.85 million cap number compared to a $17.2 million dead cap.

it will be interesting to see where salaries are by then. and he could always restructure his contract after 2021.

Back