Sean Richardson Signs Offer Sheet With OAK

wise decision, i think. the only bad decision was not putting the 2nd round tender on richardson in the first place. it is highly unlikely that the raiders would have still made an offer, but if they did, the packers could have picked up an extra 2nd round pick if they decided to let him go.

Last edited:
This is good news, however, I think that price is a bit steep and would rather see the Packers sign him for a two year incentive based deal that he can earn up to around $4.5 million if he meets certain performance goals.

This is good news, however, I think that price is a bit steep and would rather see the Packers sign him for a two year incentive based deal that he can earn up to around $4.5 million if he meets certain performance goals.
i don't think that's how the system of matching an offer works. i'm pretty sure you have to actually match the offer.

i don't think that's how the system of matching an offer works. i'm pretty sure you have to actually match the offer.
No you can structure it like that... not many will sign but in this case He gets 2 years not one and would have doubled his $ if he meets conditions.
Personally not a huge fan of 1 year ...let's see how it goes deals. If he flounders you gained nothing and cut bait... if he has a stellar year he qualifies for FA and your in a bidding war and paying a bundle. sh))tc(

No you can structure it like that... not many will sign but in this case He gets 2 years not one and would have doubled his $ if he meets conditions.
Personally not a huge fan of 1 year ...let's see how it goes deals. If he flounders you gained nothing and cut bait... if he has a stellar year he qualifies for FA and your in a bidding war and paying a bundle. sh))tc(
hmm, okay i'll take your word for it.

i thought in years past i had read about teams putting "poison pills" in contracts to make it impossible for the team with right of first refusal to match the terms. if you can just make whatever kind of offer you want, then yeah - it would have been nice to lock him up for multiple years.

I'm a bit surprised at this. I thought he'd save the money for future needs. Ted certainly knows what he's doing though.

I think I underestimated Richardson's ST value and possibly the strictness with which Ted adheres to a team-wide pay hierarchy. As has been said it's a one-year deal - forced on them by league rules - so it's not a huge transgression. Plus Burnett's health history isn't the greatest. I thought Richardson would have been an upgrade at safety last year at this time (before the draft) so I can't complain about re-signing good players.

Overpaid a bit but MM could not let another guy leave who he would have to replace through the draft. He already has to do that a bunch now.

Worth the money. If he gets a similar offer next year, Green Bay could see a 6th round comp out of it. $1mil for that at minimum is worth it.

Back