The Shanahan offense

Budman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Legend In His Own Mind
Reaction score

I know I posted this article in another thread, awhile ago, but it's a good read. With so many people talking about West Coast offense, this article shows that Mike Shanahan didn't run a WCO and his son doesn't either.

Mark could probably speak best on this subject but I believe LaFleur's offense would look very similar.

I know I posted this article in another thread, awhile ago, but it's a good read. With so many people talking about West Coast offense, this article shows that Mike Shanahan didn't run a WCO and his son doesn't either.

Mark could probably speak best on this subject but I believe LaFleur's offense would look very similar.
Yup that's it.... keep in mind it took him 3 seasons to get it where he wanted it in SF. Your converting MM offense to that and have in my mind 65 % the wrong personal to do it. Another draft and off season and you will see great improvement.

It takes time to get all the pieces in place. We pretty much all agreed at least two drafts, and movement in the roster. I think they've done pretty well so far, considering the number of players who don't fit the mold of what the Packers are running.

They've already matched the number of wins I projected they'd have, while going through the changes.

Yup that's it.... keep in mind it took him 3 seasons to get it where he wanted it in SF. Your converting MM offense to that and have in my mind 65 % the wrong personal to do it. Another draft and off season and you will see great improvement.
Do you see Aaron Jones being a fit in his offense at RB or is that something he drafts in the next 1-2 years to run a different style?

Do you see Aaron Jones being a fit in his offense at RB or is that something he drafts in the next 1-2 years to run a different style?

I think he fits it well and adds a different dimension for MLs take on the offense. You have to realize, with all the coach speak, same with Shanahan with an all world NFL dad, they like to make the offense their own. It's a new generation ML will evolve this offense. We haven't seen the full effect yet, obviously.

It takes time to get all the pieces in place. We pretty much all agreed at least two drafts, and movement in the roster. I think they've done pretty well so far, considering the number of players who don't fit the mold of what the Packers are running.

They've already matched the number of wins I projected they'd have, while going through the changes.

It’s funny how pretty much everyone DID agree that it would take a couple offseasons to get where they want to go, and yet when they are outclassed by a team that had several years to build what they want using multiple top 5 picks, fans, media and beat writers all talk like there’s something wrong with what they’re doing. It took Kyle 9 weeks to get his first win in SF. Meanwhile in GB, we’ve stumbled onto some combo of team chemistry, Aaron rodgers and good luck that has us sitting at 9-3 in year one for ML. With that perspective, what’s to complain about?

Meanwhile in GB, we’ve stumbled onto some combo of team chemistry, Aaron rodgers and good luck that has us sitting at 9-3 in year one for ML. With that perspective, what’s to complain about?

It sets a pretty high bar for ML, and is only sustainable if the front office can actually find a way to realistically evaluate defensive talent in the draft.

Reactions: TW
They're working on getting to where they want to be. We need to give them space to make it happen. If they lay an egg, like they did against the Chargers, we have every right to say that it was a failure, and hold them accountable. But, put it in perspective. They made mistakes, and it cost a game. It did not cost them the entire 2019 season. We're still in the cat bird seat in our division, and could still possibly earn a bye, and home games for the entire NFC portion of the playoffs. Let's not let that escape us as being huge, considering we didn't even win 8 games last year. This team is remarkably better with the additions they made, and the coaching that's been put in place.

No matter what happens the rest of the way in 2019, next year could be even better.

It’s funny how pretty much everyone DID agree that it would take a couple offseasons to get where they want to go, and yet when they are outclassed by a team that had several years to build what they want using multiple top 5 picks, fans, media and beat writers all talk like there’s something wrong with what they’re doing. It took Kyle 9 weeks to get his first win in SF. Meanwhile in GB, we’ve stumbled onto some combo of team chemistry, Aaron rodgers and good luck that has us sitting at 9-3 in year one for ML. With that perspective, what’s to complain about?

Sets a huge bar for the ML regime and you're offering a non sequitur. I understand what you're saying, but according to your logic, you better not complain about anything any more this year. Or the next 2 to 3 according to your plan. It's funny how it works.

Back