The Shanahan offense

Sets a huge bar for the ML regime and you're offering a non sequitur. I understand what you're saying, but according to your logic, you better not complain about anything any more this year. Or the next 2 to 3 according to your plan. It's funny how it works.

It's not really about "not complaining," it's about perspective. But yeah. What's the problem again?

It's not really about "not complaining," it's about perspective. But yeah. What's the problem again?

I guess no problem. Glad your perspective is 20/20. Hope it continues that way.

Let me try from another angle. We're gonna complain. I think, at some point, if you're been honest, you have too. Because the team has overachieved doesn't mean there aren't areas of improvement. I'm normally an optimist. I believe you to be as well. We're enjoying the ride this year. Not sure how it has happened and not sure where it's going. Next year is never a guarantee, if I can steal an overarching coachspeak saying, but the defense, to me, has underperformed. Don't care about stats. Our eyeballs don't lie.

This is a strange year. In ways, the Packers are doing better than we thought, and in others, we are frustrated. On defense, we're giving up less points per game, but it seems like we're giving the opposition the entire middle of the field to throw at will. It's frustrating. I have no idea where it will end. Next year should be better - hopefully. Adding a play maker on both sides of the ball would sure help.

Interesting explanation of the Shanahan offense (and by proxy, Packer offense) by Bucky Brooks.
Sheds some light on this years first three Packer picks, IMO.

Interesting explanation of the Shanahan offense (and by proxy, Packer offense) by Bucky Brooks.

I don't think it explains why you overreached for a meh QB in round one in any way shape or form.

"It's a system that allows you to win with average players at key spots," the former NFL defensive coordinator said. "The play designs put your top guys in prime positions to make plays. ... If they make the plays they're expected to make, everyone on the team can look like a collection of all-stars."
So if that’s the case we traded up and used draft equity for an average player at a key position. Beyond brilliant. What this article make the case for is our player evaluation is worse than I thought. Eason could have done the same thing in later rounds.

I just have a hunch that we're seeing a GM who thinks he's smarter than anyone else when it comes to judging talent. Just a guess now, but when you look at our picks, you get the impression that somewhere along the line, people quit offering advice, because he had already quit listening.

I never believe these flowery comments made by coaches with smiles on their faces, even if the picks are someone they thought was the wrong pick.

You will not see anything change in 4-5 years. Have a couple more years of Rodgers. Then will have Gute and ML be given 2-3 years with Love before anything might change with leadership of this team.

I just have a hunch that we're seeing a GM who thinks he's smarter than anyone else when it comes to judging talent. Just a guess now, but when you look at our picks, you get the impression that somewhere along the line, people quit offering advice, because he had already quit listening.

I never believe these flowery comments made by coaches with smiles on their faces, even if the picks are someone they thought was the wrong pick.
I just don’t think he surrounded by very good evaluators. Sure he should take heat but ....the Love pick also has ML’s fingerprints on it

Back