Trades

still bugs me that two guys who could probably make a difference on our pathetic defense were traded away for little more than a bag of chips and we didn't get either one. and don't tell me we couldn't outbid a bag of chips.
Don’t know what was offered but I would be very hesitant on Alexander with $13m+ due next year.

Williamson probably would be an upgrade but he’s also a rental.

Maybe a call was made maybe not

Don’t know what was offered but I would be very hesitant on Alexander with $13m+ due next year.

Williamson probably would be an upgrade but he’s also a rental.

Maybe a call was made maybe not

there's all kinds of ways to handle next year. he seems like a pretty darned good player, and still relatively young. maybe we could have extended his contract?

there's all kinds of ways to handle next year. he seems like a pretty darned good player, and still relatively young. maybe we could have extended his contract?
And he due about the same in 2022. Now you have a 3rd /4th guy to worry about restructuring or extending which means a SB (additional cash flow). And assuming cap is reduced next year it’s a bit challenging.

And he due about the same in 2022. Now you have a 3rd /4th guy to worry about restructuring or extending which means a SB (additional cash flow). And assuming cap is reduced next year it’s a bit challenging.
okay. other teams seem to be able to handle the cap. i guess our front office just doesn't know what they're doing.

okay. other teams seem to be able to handle the cap. i guess our front office just doesn't know what they're doing.
They have been conservative for decades. It’s not so much cap as cash flow. For years it’s been cap = cash. So if you extend 3 guys (Jones, Bak, Alexander) you got a big chunk of cash out at the same time. You can play with with cap structure all you want but signing bonus is a different animal

They have been conservative for decades. It’s not so much cap as cash flow. For years it’s been cap = cash. So if you extend 3 guys (Jones, Bak, Alexander) you got a big chunk of cash out at the same time. You can play with with cap structure all you want but signing bonus is a different animal
Agree, the Packers all about keeping the treasury stocked they hate when they have to write out huge signing bonus checks.

Agree, the Packers all about keeping the treasury stocked they hate when they have to write out huge signing bonus checks.
No not what I was implying. We cut checks to the Smiths. But if you already have decisions to make on Jones, Bak, King and potentially Alexander that’s a significant amount of cash out at one shot. And with revenue losses a given it’s even more challenging

Back