Trades

Player has to be on board. If Fuller did not want an extension it’s a moot point. That’s not on the organization
i wasn't really talking about fuller. it was more about what we could have done to acquire dunlap. not that we really need a dl.

i wasn't really talking about fuller. it was more about what we could have done to acquire dunlap. not that we really need a dl.
And maybe Gute makes the call and it’s not a match compensation wise or Dunlop did not want a rework in GB. Now if he did not inquire then that’s a different discussion

With JJ Watt saying he does not want to stay in Houston for a rebuild and that he will be shopped in the off-season does it make sense for GB to go after him? Have him maybe sign a 2 year contract ext that lowers his 2021 cap number if you would trade for him?

With JJ Watt saying he does not want to stay in Houston for a rebuild and that he will be shopped in the off-season does it make sense for GB to go after him? Have him maybe sign a 2 year contract ext that lowers his 2021 cap number if you would trade for him?
No

No

I believe JJ's contract is $17.5 mill for 2021, with no attachments. He becomes a free agent in 2022. I believe the Packers could do a 3 year deal with him, making a total hit of around $30 to $35 mill. They could spread the guarantee out, and make the hit less over 3 years. I do think he still has that much value left in the tank. As for what the Texans would take? I think they'd settle for a 2nd and a 4th the second year.

Of course it's a risk, but at the time, so was Reggie White, swapping a first for Favre, bringing in Charles Woodson, and a few others who actually energized the team on the field. JJ could bring that to the Packers, would probably work a friendlier deal to play at his home favorite, and be able to end his career with a shot at a Lombardi Trophy with the team he followed as a kid.

I can see a lot of reasons JJ could end up in GB. Yes, I see the injury risk. Yes, I see the slip in production. Yes, I see the possibility it could be a bad move. But it sure as heck wouldn't be as bad a move as moving up in the draft to get Love.

EDIT: MAYBE THEY'D EVEN TAKE LOVE OFF OUR HANDS! PLEASE!!!!

Please no. I'm a WI homer and I love the Watt family. I wish we had drafted the Watts we had a chance at - even the one who daily asks what's in the Italian Sub.

But, I believe JJ's injuries and age have reduced him from a dominant player to a better than good player. He's going to demand top money, and I hope Green Bay isn't the sucker that pays him.

You don’t invest a 3 year deal, probably 2 guaranteed on a 31 year old player on the back end of his career. In 2021 you still need to take care of Bak, Jones, possibly King and then you need to figure out how to pay 17....oh and #12’s cap hit escalates in 2021 along with cap issues league wide

You don’t invest a 3 year deal, probably 2 guaranteed on a 31 year old player on the back end of his career. In 2021 you still need to take care of Bak, Jones, possibly King and then you need to figure out how to pay 17....oh and #12’s cap hit escalates in 2021 along with cap issues league wide
I do agree that it will be hard to take care of our own. Bak I am signing for sure. Jones I am spilt on the guy is a playmaker when on the field but he can't stay on the field. Same with King he's an above average CB but he too is a guy who can never stay healhty so those two are a hard choice to decide if you want to pay them.

I do agree that it will be hard to take care of our own. Bak I am signing for sure. Jones I am spilt on the guy is a playmaker when on the field but he can't stay on the field. Same with King he's an above average CB but he too is a guy who can never stay healhty so those two are a hard choice to decide if you want to pay them.
I was split on Jones until the last 2-3 weeks. He’s the only explosive player on the roster sans 17 and I just don’t see Dillon as that game breaker back. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong. I tend to agree on King but then again it creates another “need” on defenses. Bak is a given

Back