What Will Be The 2015 Packers Biggest Issues/Concerns ?

Not worried about the defensive front.............and think the OL depth is ok, minus maybe the LT backup spot. For me so far, special teams looks as bad or worse than last year. Maybe they were holding something back like the offense and defense does in pre season and need to give Zook a season to let him settle in and see if he can improve things. As of now though... Im not seeing a big change and think they should have gone outside the organization for a special teams coach, get new blood in there and new ideas. Zook being from under Slocum doesnt exactly excite me.

Not worried about the defensive front.............and think the OL depth is ok, minus maybe the LT backup spot. For me so far, special teams looks as bad or worse than last year. Maybe they were holding something back like the offense and defense does in pre season and need to give Zook a season to let him settle in and see if he can improve things. As of now though... Im not seeing a big change and think they should have gone outside the organization for a special teams coach, get new blood in there and new ideas. Zook being from under Slocum doesnt exactly excite me.

i agree with the special teams being a major concern. but since they're on the field less often i put them second to the defensive front seven. not sure how you can say you're not concerned about the defensive front. they have not looked good at all.

Obviously subjective, only time will tell, etc. However, from the Negative Nellie side of the house, our front seven has three potentially scary guys, one of whom is 35 and one who has not been the picture of health. Even when Matthews, Pepper, and Daniels are on the field, that leaves four very average folks. Does generate worry, for me. On the OLine, you correctly identify the worst case, having to replace LT. I'm still thinking that Bak is just serviceable/OK/average, but if he goes down, they're playing musical chairs again, with, at best, a serviceable Barclay to fill in as Bulaga moves, and three totally untested guys in the middle. Not OK with the depth. Certainly hope you're more on target than I am.

... I'm still thinking that Bak is just serviceable/OK/average, but if he goes down, they're playing musical chairs again, with, at best, a serviceable Barclay to fill in as Bulaga moves, and three totally untested guys in the middle. Not OK with the depth. Certainly hope you're more on target than I am.

lang, sitton and linsley are totally untested?

Back