Why trading for Antonio Brown makes sense for Packers

They talked about this on Wilde/Taush today with others chiming in.

First being an elite WR and what's happening in nfl odds are with lessor WRs making more, Brown will want to re do and make more money and contract.

So do u trade pick 30 for a one year deal? No

Pats had Moss, won all season and then lost the SB. Look at who their WRs were this year and they won the SB.

Key said was multiple WRs. We aren't one player away. Defense needs infusion of talent as does TE and O Line.

Offenses lit it up all season this year, yet came play offs and SB it was the Defenses that took over. Imo was good to see old school though boring for most fans in the video game era of scoring....Defenses win Championships.

All of this besides his character concerns.

Forgot to add a couple more thoughts.

One is the Pats model. U don't see them paying a high price to acquire players.

Second is history. When this franchise startered to turn things around in the old era it was both sides of the ball with Favre and White.

We have Rodgers but who do we have for that piece on Defense currently?

If spending big bucks then am going after an elite DL or Edge/OLBer...

Forgot to add a couple more thoughts.

We have Rodgers but who do we have for that piece on Defense currently?

If spending big bucks then am going after an elite DL or Edge/OLBer...

I do agree I would rather go get an elite piece on d, but I don't see that guy. I don't see any of the top edge guys hitting the market and if they do its going to be huge money. The kind of money that can cripple a team.

I do agree I would rather go get an elite piece on d, but I don't see that guy. I don't see any of the top edge guys hitting the market and if they do its going to be huge money. The kind of money that can cripple a team.

Maybe my biggest complaint or issue with this organization is that they are too fiscally conservative. I don't advocate "cap hell" but considering what rolls over and the overall cash/cap output there is room to play. The team has been very consistent not giving more than 20% SB vs AAV so again room to be more aggressive.

Maybe my biggest complaint or issue with this organization is that they are too fiscally conservative. I don't advocate "cap hell" but considering what rolls over and the overall cash/cap output there is room to play. The team has been very consistent not giving more than 20% SB vs AAV so again room to be more aggressive.
There is only one team that has been able to stay conservative with contracts cap etc.. and win long term. Mostly because it's star QB takes far less than market value and it's coach is one of a kind. Otherwise teams have to spend and take a chance on FA contracts that might be bigger than is preferable... If you are fiscally conservative in today's NFL you will never win it all.

To many Packer fans see Browns name in trade talks and get the typical big name itas and get the idea we need to get him on the Packers because we need to go for it with Rodgers in his prime and can't accept that ship has has sailed. This team won't win a SB anytime soon the talent is not there and you have a new HC putting in a new system. This team is at least 2-3 years from being able to contend and you already have a QB you can see is not what he once was and will need to adjust his play just like Brady has as he has aged and do things different to win.

Not happy hearing he is a diva but you can't deny the talent. Even if "he gave up on his team" his numbers were still there. If there was a way to keep his head straight the offense is looking good and we can go heavy on D in the draft.

Im all for being more aggressive. I think we have been the last few yrs but just swung and missed. I would love to add one of the fa safeties if they are on the market. Henry anderson would be a huge add. A few mid tier edge guys wouldnt be bad either. (Preston Smith) Im just not interested in paying a guy 100mil (clowney type)

I also like throwing names out or seeing ppl giving options/solutions rather then just saying add a big name fa.

Preston Smith would make sense to me, especially since his LB coach (Olivadotti) is now coaching for Green Bay. But I also think they can add a guy like Shaquil Barrett from DEN.
That would take pressure off having to feel like they need to use one their 1st round picks on an Edge guy.
It would give them options with those early picks.
Browns “baggage” puts me off.
World talent, but his type doesn’t fit with what MLF is going to want to build in GB.

The guy who came up with this system got promoted last year and sits on the same level as GM and coach, so none of that is changing.

Back