Wisconsin Basketball 2022-2023

Any chance Badgers can get a guy out of portal that will be more then that?
There are 1,200+ guys in the portal. The need 1 big and 2 wings in a perfect world and 1 PG.

Hepburn, Wahl and Crowl will start that’s a given, Davis will get significant minutes and 2 RS coming in. It’s not doom and gloom plus the conference will be down a bit this year. Everyone lost a lot

Well his stroke better improve. He only shot 38% from the floor and 27% from 3. He’s listed as a freshman so I would assume he has 3 years left
Funny you should say that. Chucky Hepburn was at 38.8% from the field, just like McGee, and a tad better with 3s. You planning on telling Chucky to step it up too because he's not doing well?

Both were freshmen, and both have a lot of potential growth in them. I think they have the potential to be a great tandem. We'll know more, next year, if they play side by side.

Funny you should say that. Chucky Hepburn was at 38.8% from the field, just like McGee, and a tad better with 3s. You planning on telling Chucky to step it up too because he's not doing well?

Both were freshmen, and both have a lot of potential growth in them. I think they have the potential to be a great tandem. We'll know more, next year, if they play side by side.
No because Hepburn shot over 40% from 3 the last 2 months. His shot improved considerably. Personally from what I see he’s not a 2 guard especially at 6-1. That’s small for wing in this system. Sure his shot can improve but I would suspect this is Bowman’s slot especially either Neath back healthy

McGee's game improved after he was inserted into the lineup as well. He shot around 40%. I realize he's not the tallest guy for the #2 spot, but that doesn't necessarily eliminate him from spending minutes out there in that role. I expect the Badgers will continue to use a 3 guard offense, so the height issue isn't as critical as you'd like to say it is.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

You might also want to catch up with your facts. Bowman is no longer with the Badgers. He entered the portal. He's already enrolled in another school. Neath? He's never going to be that guy. His game will be in a rotation at both 1 & 2 from what I see.

McGee's game improved after he was inserted into the lineup as well. He shot around 40%. I realize he's not the tallest guy for the #2 spot, but that doesn't necessarily eliminate him from spending minutes out there in that role. I expect the Badgers will continue to use a 3 guard offense, so the height issue isn't as critical as you'd like to say it is.

You might also want to catch up with your facts. Bowman is no longer with the Badgers. He entered the portal. He's already enrolled in another school. Neath? He's never going to be that guy. His game will be in a rotation at both 1 & 2 from what I see.
I was well aware of Bowman, I even mentioned this was a move to Bowman’s slot in a previous post. Yes he’s enrolled at Oakland. Neath played hurt last year just had off season surgery

Based on current roster and offer

PG: Hepburn/ McGee
SG: Davis / Essegian
PF: Wahl / ILver
Wing: ??? / Neath / Gilmore
C: Crowl / Hodges

McGee really started to play/shoot better at the end of the season, not unlike Hepburn. Hopefully that will carry over to his sophomore season. He's a little undersized for a 2 but there are teams he'll be fine against. At best he would be able to swing between the 1 and 2 spots for his minutes.

Reactions: TW
Back