Wisconsin Football: Badgers must avoid ‘trap game’ mindset against Illinois

The Illinois offense showed some things that tOSU will exploit next week. Those Illinois WR's were exploiting the Badger dbs at times, but there were a few missed opportunities there. Next week, OSU will exploit a few of those for long gains and I suspect they will be able to score even more than Illinois.

Plus, with the speed OSU has on the back-end they will be able to pack all 11 near the LOS. They won't worry about being beaten deep and they will fill the box with enough to stop Taylor and still cover all the short/intermediate stuff. With no downfield threat it could get ugly if they don't find some better answers.

First game this team has faced a legit QB who could throw downfield. Other than a few plays from Orr the defense could not get home. The OL was meh and Taylor cannot put the ball on the ground. I get the trap game concept but great teams find a way. This is on the team and the staff. All around team loss

First game this team has faced a legit QB who could throw downfield. Other than a few plays from Orr the defense could not get home. The OL was meh and Taylor cannot put the ball on the ground. I get the trap game concept but great teams find a way. This is on the team and the staff. All around team loss

funny. i could have sworn that you said they were beyond bad and the badgers would cover.

I know I have mentioned this before and got push back but this is a microcosm of why I have been thinking for a few weeks that the B1G is basically OSU and everyone else. Just not great this year. Very average

Last edited:
On to The Shoe. Who knows? Maybe the Badgers can use this loss to learn how to neutralize the OSU speed, which is even faster, and more diverse, than Illinois.

What’s a bit concerning to me is the OL play the last 3 weeks. Not dominate as you would like to see. Northwestern did not let the OL get to the second level same today.

OSU is going to clobber us.

We may not get past IA or NE, and probably won't recapture the Ax with this QB.

It's just another WI year.

Next year will be worse

OSU is going to clobber us.

We may not get past IA or NE, and probably won't recapture the Ax with this QB.

It's just another WI year.

Next year will be worse
This was NOT on Coan. This was on the defense and some questionable play calling and a very average OL. SO let’s overreact to one loss. All together now ....

This was NOT on Coan. This was on the defense and some questionable play calling and a very average OL. SO let’s overreact to one loss. All together now ....

this is college football. if you're not undefeated, you suck.

Back