Asst: 7 - Ohio State, 2017
TFLs: 2.5 - (3x) last at Ohio State, 2017
Sacks: 2 - Ohio State, 2017
Int: none
FR: none
PBUs: none
At Michigan
• Three-time letterman (2016-17-18)
• Recipient of the 2017 Richard Katcher Award, presented to Michigan's most outstanding defensive lineman or outside linebacker
• Two-time All-Big Ten honoree (first team, coaches 2017-18; second team, media, 2017-18)
• Two-time All-Big Ten selection by the Associated Press (second team, 2017-18)
• Two-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree (2017-18)
• Appeared in 34 career games with 21 starts at defensive end

Junior (2018)
• 2018 letterman
• All-Big Ten selection (first team, coaches; second team, media)
• All-Big Ten selection by the Associated Press (second team)
• Preseason All-Big Ten selection (East Division)
• Academic All-Big Ten honoree
• Twice named Defensive Lineman of the Week for his performances against Western Michigan and at Rutgers
• Made six stops with one solo tackle and a shared tackle for loss at Notre Dame (Sept. 1), and was credited with one quarterback hurry
• Recorded seven tackles against Western Michigan (Sept. 8) with one sack and a quarterback hurry
• Registered one quarterback hurry with three overall tackles against SMU (Sept. 15)
• Tailed two solo stops, both for loss, against Nebraska (Sept. 22) with one sack
• Made four total tackles at Northwestern (Sept. 29)
• Returned to action against Penn State (Nov. 3) and registered two tackles and one quarterback hurry
• Assisted on six stops with a half-tackle for loss and generated one quarterback hurry at Rutgers (Nov. 10)
• Made a season-high nine tackles with six solo stops and 1.5 sacks against Indiana (Nov. 17)
• Totaled five stops with a half tackle for loss at Ohio State (Nov. 24)

Sophomore (2017)
• Recipient of the Richard Katcher Award, presented to Michigan's most outstanding defensive lineman or outside linebacker
• Played in all 13 games with 13 starts and made 66 tackles with 12.0 tackles for loss and 6.0 sacks and earned his second varsity letter
• All-Big Ten honoree (first team, coaches; second team, media)
• All-Big Ten selection by the Associated Press (second team)
• Academic All-Big Ten honoree
• Earned Defensive Lineman of the Game recognition for his role in the win over Indiana and shared co-honors with teammates Chase Winovich and Mo Hurst after the Maryland game
• Earned Big Hit of the Week for his role in the win against Air Force
• Shared Big Hit of the Week honors with teammates Mo Hurst and Josh Uche after the win against Maryland
• Pro Football Focus College Big Ten Defensive Team of the Week honoree following his performance against Maryland
• Preseason Watch List Member for: the Chuck Bednarik Award and the Walter Camp Player of the Year
• Preseason All-American selection by Sporting News and the Associated Press (second team)
• Made his first career start against Florida at the Advocare Classic (Sept. 2), making three tackles with half a sack
• Started against Cincinnati (Sept. 9) and finished with four stops, one quarterback hurry and half a tackle for loss; Contributed on special teams
• Made a career-high six stops with 1.5 tackles for loss with half a sack against Air Force (Sept. 16) and delivered the Big Hit of the Week; Contributed on special teams
• Started and made an assisted tackle against Purdue (Sept. 23)
• Made a career-high five solo stops in a six-tackle effort against Michigan State (Oct. 7), adding one quarterback hurry
• Set a new career-high with nine tackles at Indiana (Oct. 14), adding one sack, 2.5 tackles for loss and two quarterback hurries
• Made two tackles with 0.5 for loss at Penn State (Oct. 21)
• Made five tackles with two for loss and one sack against Rutgers (Oct. 28), adding another quarterback hurry
• Made three assisted tackles against Minnesota (Nov. 4)
• Made five assisted tackles at Maryland (Nov. 11), with half a tackle for loss
• Had a three-tackle day at Wisconsin (Nov. 18) with a half a tackle for loss and one quarterback hurry
• Registered his first career multi-sack game against Ohio State (Nov. 25), with 11 tackles, 2.5 for loss and a pair of sacks
• Made five tackles with a seven-yard sack in the Outback Bowl against South Carolina (Jan. 1)
Freshman (2016)
• Played in all 13 games at defensive end and earned his first varisty letter
• Contributed 27 tackles, five tackles for loss, and one sack
• Made collegiate debut vs. Hawaii (Sept. 3) recording four tackles
• Earned the first sack of his career against UCF (Sept. 10), adding five tackles and two TFLs
• Pro Football Focus College Big Ten Team of the Week Honoree against UCF (Sept. 10)
• Made four stops and 1.5 tackles for loss vs. Colorado (Sept. 17)
• Made three stops and one TFL against Penn State (Sept. 24) and assisted on two tackles vs. Wisconsin (Oct. 1)
• Assisted on two stops and one TFL at Rutgers (Oct. 8)
• Hurried the quarterback once and made a solo tackle against Illinois (Oct. 22)
• Recorded a tackle at Michigan State (Oct. 29) and Maryland (Nov. 5)
• Made two solo stops at Iowa (Nov. 12); Assisted on a stop vs. Indiana (Nov. 19)
• Made one solo tackle at Ohio State (Nov. 26)
• Played defensive end vs. Florida State in the Orange Bowl (Dec. 30)
Prep
• Attended Paramus Catholic High School (2016) coached by John Westervelt
Key Statistics
• Registered 55 tackles, 13.5 sacks and four forced fumbles as a senior
• Collected 55 tackles and 14 sacks during junior year

Honors and Rankings
• Participated in the Under Armour All-American Game, Team Highlighter MVP (2016)
• USA Today All-USA Defensive Player of the Year (2015)
• New Jersey Defensive Player of the Year (2014, 15)
• USA Today High School All-America first team
• Consensus five-star prospect by Rivals.com, Scout.com, 247sports and ESPN
• Rated as the top prospect in the nation by Rivals.com, Scout.com and ESPN
• PrepStar Magazine Top 150 Dream Team, the nation's No. 2 player and the top defensive line prospect
Personal
• Rashan Gary was born on Dec. 3, 1997
• Attended same high school as offensive lineman Juwann Bushell-Beatty and former teammate Jabrill Peppers
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, majoring in General Studies; also pursing the Marketing and Sales Track Certificate from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business

I am bummed over this draft choice. I am not a fan of Mel Kiper but he tabbed Gary correctly. A guy with speed who cannot close the deal (wa tching his videos). 34 Games,10 sacks. Hoch was taken, but Fant was there....Grahams time is just about over...plus he cannot block. I guess GB will draft a non-starter TE in later Rounds......Congrats to Pats, they get Can't a Gronk replacement.

I am bummed over this draft choice. I am not a fan of Mel Kiper but he tabbed Gary correctly. A guy with speed who cannot close the deal (wa tching his videos). 34 Games,10 sacks. Hoch was taken, but Fant was there....Grahams time is just about over...plus he cannot block. I guess GB will draft a non-starter TE in later Rounds......Congrats to Pats, they get Can't a Gronk replacement.
Fant would have been worse pick Ever Fant is horrible fit for this offense. Gary has talent and will be interesting to see what he does. I think people are pissed because Bush was gone.

Gary and Savage indicate to me that Gute has taken on an "athletic testing" philosophy even more than his predecessor. Both of these guys are physical freaks. Hopefully they find a way for Gary's production to match his potential.

He's certainly more boom/bust than what we've seen from the Packers in the past. It's a gamble. Maybe that's a good thing. Hopefully it works out. He's an amazing athlete who could be a stud if they can turn him into a "player". I'm still not all that happy with the pick, BUT, I'm not going to dump on it until I see him play.

Gary will probably be a starter in the base 3-4 packages the team runs as he should be better then putting guys like Lowery and Lanacaster out there on the DL.

Gary will probably be a starter in the base 3-4 packages the team runs as he should be better then putting guys like Lowery and Lanacaster out there on the DL.

Nah, this is more about building up the pass rush rotation with guys who can rush from the edge or inside. He’s not a true OLB type, can’t really ask him to cover RBs and TEs. But he’s not replacing Lancaster at NT or Lowry/Adams in base.

If you believe what Packers scout, Huber, says about Gary, then this pick isn’t so far fetched.

IIRC....Pettine is known for adapting the defense to take advantage of what players do best.

That’s why keeping an open mind on Gary May be warranted.

Agree danno. I think the worries about Gary being Nick Perry v2.0 are somewhat incorrect. I don't think Gary will really be a true OLB any more than Zadarius Smith. Very similar sized guys. They will have "some" LB duties but Pettine will use them in a variety of spots and they will be pass rushers first and foremost. We might see passing downs with both Gary and ZSmith lined up inside and PSmith and Fackrell on the outside.

Lots of versatility there. Inside rush, outside rush, drop them back in zone at times with a rusher coming from elsewhere. You can run all kinds of stunts with their athleticism. I'll keep an open mind because of his "potential", but this is a bit of a lightening rod pick for Gute.

The thing that bothers me about the pick beyond the concerns about Gary the player is that it would appear he'll be a rotational guy. That isn't what I would think you'd take quite that high. Of course, I had them taking Montez Sweat at 12, and some of the same things could be said about him. But then neither of them were really my preference.

Back