With Pick #249 GB selects Penn State OT Rasheed Walker

Walker is the only guy out of the 4 7th round picks who I think makes the team this year IMO.

I'd be really surprised by that. Walker is probably the least ready of the OL guys they drafted, so even he's only a 50:50 bet to make the team out of camp.

I'd be surprised if Carpenter doesn't make the squad. He was drafted for special teams and there is literally jack squat for depth at ILB or S so there's room for him under either position group.

Growing up in Maryland, Walker could almost be categorized as an honorary Packers fan.

The 6-foot-6, 324-pound rookie tackle watched tons of film of five-time All-Pro David Bakhtiari and played extensively with the Packers in "Madden."
After taking an official visit to Green Bay during the pre-draft process, Walker couldn't have been happier to start his NFL career with the Packers.
"I've been playing 'Madden' since I was a little kid, using Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers," said Walker, a seventh-round pick out of Penn State. "It's just crazy. I'm just so thankful and grateful to have this opportunity."
While incoming rookies weren't allowed in the building until the veteran portion of the offseason program was completed on Thursday, Walker did have a chance to briefly cross paths with both Bakhtiari and Pro Bowl guard Elgton Jenkins.
To be sure, there was an "awe" factor.

"I've been watching David for years, so seeing him in person, it was like, 'Damn, you're him,'" Walker said.
"I'm just really excited to learn from all of those offensive linemen. They're all great players and I've been watching them for the past few years so I'm just happy to actually learn from them firsthand. It's a crazy thing."

Let's hope Walker can turn that enthusiasm into great play on the field, and make a name for himself.

Let's hope Walker can turn that enthusiasm into great play on the field, and make a name for himself.
His knee injury has him a little behind the 8 ball right now.
But he has the prototypical size/weight for a RT.

Fingers crossed. We could use that size, and enthusiasm.

He's healty come TC I think he will push for the starting RT job and at worst ends up backup. GB got 3 potentially really good OL in this draft.

He's healty come TC I think he will push for the starting RT job and at worst ends up backup. GB got 3 potentially really good OL in this draft.
Zach Tom is real interesting.
His measurable’s at the Combine are virtually identical to Bakhtiari’s Combine numbers, and he has elite athleticism and versatility to go along with it.
Maybe they don’t have to believe that Jenkins has to be the LT of the future.
It might be Zach Tom

Back