With their 5th pick in the 2021 Draft GB selects Ole Miss OT Royce Newman

Sounds like Newman got snaps with the starters at both guard spots and at RT in minicamp so far. Hopefully a good sign that they got some value in the 4th round.

Sounds like Newman got snaps with the starters at both guard spots and at RT in minicamp so far. Hopefully a good sign that they got some value in the 4th round.
Also a sign that they might be looking at moving Jenkins to center? Probably working the two newer guys at center and guard and figure out which does better, and then slot Jenkins in the weakest hole.

Also a sign that they might be looking at moving Jenkins to center? Probably working the two newer guys at center and guard and figure out which does better, and then slot Jenkins in the weakest hole.
I think Jenkins did not attend all the OTA's plus I think you would want to try the new guy out everywhere to see what he's like. I think it would be huge mistake to start Newman out at RT. Plus you drafted Myers in 2nd round he's more then likely going to be given the starting OC spot. Patrick has a good chance I think to start at a guard spot meaning Newman would have to beat other guys for the other guard spot. I think most likley Newman is going to be a backup in 2021.

I think Jenkins did not attend all the OTA's plus I think you would want to try the new guy out everywhere to see what he's like. I think it would be huge mistake to start Newman out at RT. Plus you drafted Myers in 2nd round he's more then likely going to be given the starting OC spot. Patrick has a good chance I think to start at a guard spot meaning Newman would have to beat other guys for the other guard spot. I think most likley Newman is going to be a backup in 2021.
Lots of options, because of Jenkins. He's a real plug-and-play guy.

Lots of options, because of Jenkins. He's a real plug-and-play guy.

Jenkins has been one heckuva draft pick. So versatile and flat out good.

If I was in the Packers front office, I'd be inking Jenkins to a long term contract, with yearly guarantees, not paid as front money. He's signed through 2022. I'd make sure he wasn't going anywhere for at least 5-6 years, unless it was in a trade for a lot of value.

If I was in the Packers front office, I'd be inking Jenkins to a long term contract, with yearly guarantees, not paid as front money. He's signed through 2022. I'd make sure he wasn't going anywhere for at least 5-6 years, unless it was in a trade for a lot of value.
but, knowing the packers they will let him walk in free agency so they can get that comp pick.

He will get extended next year. How much who knows but with the cap situation a SB is inevitable as are roster bonuses. The “GB Way” is to limit guarantee exposure to 3 years which is actually prudent to protect with injury

He will get extended next year. How much who knows but with the cap situation a SB is inevitable as are roster bonuses. The “GB Way” is to limit guarantee exposure to 3 years which is actually prudent to protect with injury
Depends if he thinsk security is better then taking gamble the cap goes up and he gets more money by waiting to hit FA or making GB tag him.

Depends if he thinsk security is better then taking gamble the cap goes up and he gets more money by waiting to hit FA or making GB tag him.
I seriously doubt he gets tagged at around $15/$16m.

Back