With their first pick in the 2023 draft GB selects Lukas Van Ness Iowa

Again the Gary comparison - 57 tackles, 9 sacks, 23 for loss. Those are Gary's numbers in 3 seasons of playing, LVN's are from two.

Risky yes, but I think risky in the same way. Betting on the upside of a young, ascending player. IMO Wyatt was way more of a risk last year, just in the sense that when LVN is the same age as Wyatt was going into the draft, he will likely already be on his second contract.
That's great if you have a vet QB and a ton of talent...we do not. Bottom line how many SB has Gute won even with an MVP qb? His evaluations should rank the top player by position based on production and Day 1 impact, his comments about "potential " should scare the hell out of everyone here.sb(tc(

That's great if you have a vet QB and a ton of talent...we do not. Bottom line how many SB has Gute won even with an MVP qb? His evaluations should rank the top player by position based on production and Day 1 impact, his comments about "potential " should scare the hell out of everyone here.sb(tc(
It doesn't scare me. It passes me off.

As, I've said elsewhere, the Bucks, coach Bud, and Giannis couldn't be happier that Gute took the weight off them

So back in day GB drafted AJ Hawk who was dating and later would become his wife the sister of NFL player Brady Quinn. Now Packers draft pick Lukas Van Ness is currently dating the sister of Bears TE Cole Kmet

I'm hopeful for this pick. I'm a little nervous that we picked a kid who needs to be coached up but hopefully he'll spend his time with the position coach

Lukas Van Ness became the 100th player taken by the Packers in the 1st round of the NFL draft.

Though history has not played to well to Packers taken in the 1st round as only 4 currently are in the NFL HOF.

i wonder how many times in nfl history has a team used a first round pick on a player that has never started a game in college. i'm thinking this could be a first?

i wonder how many times in nfl history has a team used a first round pick on a player that has never started a game in college. i'm thinking this could be a first?
Packers drafted Bruce Clark in 1980 4th overall and he disliked idea of playing in GB so much he went to the CFL for 2 years until GB traded his rights to the Saints.

Back