With Their Pick In Round 3 GB Selects Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati

I mocked Deguara, but in Rd 6. There just wasn't anything really special about him. Not fast, but not slow. Not real tall. Not a real big catch radius. Can block but even if he was a great blocker, that alone usually wouldn't get you drafted in Rd 3. Seemed like a nice depth guy. Just doesn't seem like a great use of a Rd 3 pick. Hope I'm really wrong.

He will become GB's version of San Fran's Kyle Jusczyk

Wasting a 3rd round pick isn't exactly low risk. especially when you sold your 4th round pick for a bag of magic beans.

I don't hate the thought of this kid coming in to GB and seeing what he can do. But 3rd round was way too high. Like 57 said, in the 6th? Ya I could see that. But with major holes at DL, LB, and OL this wasn't a good use of a 3rd rounder.

Wasting a 3rd round pick isn't exactly low risk. especially when you sold your 4th round pick for a bag of magic beans.

for all intents and purposes this draft is essentially over for green bay. nobody that we draft in rounds 5-7 is going to be of immediate help for the team. and based on what we have done so far, it is clear that gutey is in way over his head. it will not take three years to evaluate this draft.

for all intents and purposes this draft is essentially over for green bay. nobody that we draft in rounds 5-7 is going to be of immediate help for the team. and based on what we have done so far, it is clear that gutey is in way over his head. it will not take three years to evaluate this draft.

It's like we didn't participate in the 2020 draft at all. These player types are priority UDFA types. Did not add a threat at any position. At least Love carries the "boom or bust" label in that a boom is possible; these other two guys have very low ceilings and very low difference making potential. I don't know wtf happened here, this isn't even in line with Gute's previous drafts.

I don't know wtf happened here, this isn't even in line with Gute's previous drafts.

my theory - for what it is worth - is that gutey is in way over his head when he's the only guy in the room. without the normal "war room" full of strongly opinionated and knowledgeable personnel people, he's basically just throwing darts at the wall. he is more of a businessman gm than a personnel evaluator gm and it really shows.

my theory - for what it is worth - is that gutey is in way over his head when he's the only guy in the room. without the normal "war room" full of strongly opinionated and knowledgeable personnel people, he's basically just throwing darts at the wall. he is more of a businessman gm than a personnel evaluator gm and it really shows.

If he's the businessman GM then what is Russ Ball? Gute cut his teeth in football as a scout and that was his main job for nearly 20 years. He didn't even have managerial responsibilities for the first 10-12 years. I think he's just not all that good at the whole draft process.

I'd actually be OK with the draft not filling needs if these were truly high value BPA type players. From what I can tell, they're not and that tells me that he really doesn't get how to set up his board and work the draft.

I could actually live with the Love pick if the next two were solid value guys. Hell, if you are gonna make a mistake in Rd1, doing it on a QB is not the worst way to do it. If he'd have followed up with say Logan Wilson and Lucas Niang I'd have mostly given him a pass on Rd1.

I could actually live with the Love pick if the next two were solid value guys. Hell, if you are gonna make a mistake in Rd1, doing it on a QB is not the worst way to do it. If he'd have followed up with say Logan Wilson and Lucas Niang I'd have mostly given him a pass on Rd1.

Willie Gay in the 2nd, and yeah Niang in the 3rd and things start to make sense. They almost certainly could've gotten Duguara in the 5th or 6th.

I guess Pettine is going to play a 5-0-6 defense where no one gets a breather?

Back