With their pick in round 3 GB Selects Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

Smart and appears to be a hard worker,,,,but in any highlights I saw of him,,,,,,just doesnt look like much. While he could surprise and do well, doesnt look any better than what we already have on the roster.

The Green Bay Packers doubled down in this year’s NFL Draft, taking a pair of tight ends to bolster their youth movement.

In the third round, they selected South Dakota State University All-American Tucker Kraft with the 78th overall pick. Kraft will join Oregon State’s Luke Musgrave, a second-round draft pick, as Packer rookie tight ends this season.

Despite playing the same position, Green Bay general manager Brian Gutekunst pointed out they both bring something different to the table. Gutekunst praised Musgrave’s vertical ability and Kraft’s YAC (yards-after-catch) ability.

“They’re both all-around tight ends that can kind of do everything,” said Gutekunst to Green Bay reporters after the draft. “They’re not pigeonholed into being a receiving tight end or a blocking tight end. They both have very good size, very good speed. So I’m excited. I think they’ve got their best football ahead of them for different reasons. They will complement each other and be a good fit with the guys we have.”
Kraft, who is a 6-foot-5, 255-pounder, possesses passing-catching and run-blocking strengths at the next level. Kraft finished his college career with 99 receptions for 1,211 yards and nine touchdowns while also proving to be a reliable blocker.

“Tucker is very good with the ball in his hands after the catch,” Gutekunst said. “I think he has really good balance and strength to break tackles and keep himself alive. I think these guys can do everything you ask a tight end to do in the NFL.”

Kraft’s Midwest roots feel like a natural fit for Green Bay, which is the smallest market in the NFL. Kraft hails from Timber Lake, South Dakota (population of 513).

“He’s a guy that comes from a very small town and played at a smaller school,” Gutekunst said. “But he’s a big man who can play a big man’s game.”
Prior to being drafted, Kraft shot clay pigeons with some friends and then heard his name called, surrounded by more than 200 supporters inside an airplane hangar just outside of Timber Lake.

“This area is an embodiment of who I am and what I’ve become as a young man,” Kraft told Green Bay reporters on a draft day conference call. “I am excited to show that to the Packer organization and everyone that will be attending Lambeau Field.”

During the pre-draft process, Kraft jettisoned across the country to visit with NFL personnel. Kraft has had pre-draft visits with Titans, Patriots, Dolphins, Cowboys, Bengals, Raiders, Cardinals, Broncos, Bears and Saints. He’s also had Zoom calls with Buccaneers, Colts, Jets, Seahawks, Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Texans, Ravens, Commanders, Lions and Steelers.

Kraft felt the Packers were a strong possibility to give him the life-changing phone call.

“I was fully anticipating the possibility of being a Packer,” Kraft said. “That was one team for sure my agent said keep on my radar and when I got that call I was not surprised at all. But at the same time I was overcome with emotions for sure.”
Kraft is also looking forward to working with Musgrave. The pair established a relationship during the draft process and met with the Bengals on a joint visit.

“I am excited to be in the (tight ends) room with him,” Kraft said. “We are two guys who are ready to pave our way in the Packers organization.”

Kraft, who will continue to wear No. 85, is set to be in Green Bay on Wednesday to start his journey as a Packer.

“I am excited to see it through,” Kraft said. “Tonight (April 28) was a testament to that. I am looking up at the South Dakota sky right now and I am seeing the stars align.”

Another reason why lot of people in WI will love Tucker. He's a hunter

FvZ7yi4XsAAQInF

Back