2024 Badger Football Thread

Hitschler was a high level recruiter. He was certainly well regarded to be going to Alabama. Hopefully this doesn't affect the status of the 2025 kids they already have commitments from, especially Moss and Haddad the safeties.

Now they have an opening for co-defensive coordinator/safeties coach - it's set up for you Jim Leonard sc)).
I don't think Leonhard would accept a co-DC job to be honest. If he came back to Wisconsin it would probably have to be as HC.

I don't think Leonhard would accept a co-DC job to be honest. If he came back to Wisconsin it would probably have to be as HC.

Absolutely agree, hence the sarcasm emoji. I think he's hoping to land a defensive coordinator gig somewhere as a stepping stone to get himself a top job. I still wonder though if he's torn about moving his family - we'll see where he ends up this coming year.

Absolutely agree, hence the sarcasm emoji. I think he's hoping to land a defensive coordinator gig somewhere as a stepping stone to get himself a top job. I still wonder though if he's torn about moving his family - we'll see where he ends up this coming year.
Good point on moving. He is really a homer-Wisconsin boy. His journey in the NFL took him away, but he immediately came home after it happened. I understand how he feels about it to be honest. When I was young, it was the only place to be. I started doing the North/South bit by season when I retired. I moved totally South when I couldn't keep going back and forth.

It's home. It where my heart is.

Hitschler has never been recruited on the SEC level... another guy shows up a Bobby's BBQ to talk to Jimmy Joe and his dad and never makes it past ordering his stew. UGA, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Auburn are going to clean Bamas clock in recruiting

Hitschler has never been recruited on the SEC level... another guy shows up a Bobby's BBQ to talk to Jimmy Joe and his dad and never makes it past ordering his stew. UGA, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Auburn are going to clean Bamas clock in recruiting
So to recurit in SEC you need a stomach of iron to eat stuff you never thought you would eat?

no you need to know the culture.... what Flapack and I have been trying to drill in you for 5 plus years
Is it like in the movie Blue Bloods when asked what reilgon you are you better say baptist and the right kind of baptist?

Nobody understands Southern Culture unless you've tried to become part of it. Despite the years being involved in it, both Mark and I know how it works. There's still times that people refer to me as "The Yank." People I've known for 40 years.

Nobody understands Southern Culture unless you've tried to become part of it. Despite the years being involved in it, both Mark and I know how it works. There's still times that people refer to me as "The Yank." People I've known for 40 years.
Yes sir, same here I have some deep roots in deep south FB and it's still tough. If Bama's new coach keeps this up he may not make 3 seasons there.

Bama is going to regret this decision. Hugh Freeze has to be smiling from ear to ear, at Auburn, knowing that for the next few years, the home crops are going to be in his barn.

Back