Aaron Rodgers not consulted on Packers' QB coaching change

you guys are crazy if you think other future hall-of-fame-players don't voice their opinions about personnel moves or feel slighted if they aren't at least asked their opinion about something that directly affects them. they don't have to do what he says, but at least communicate. that's a clear sign of a dysfunctional organization in my opinion.

some day we're going to have a jay cutler type of qb and then you'll be reminiscing about the good old days when we had two consecutive hall of fame quarterbacks that played for us for nearly four decades. don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone?

you guys are crazy if you think other future hall-of-fame-players don't voice their opinions about personnel moves or feel slighted if they aren't at least asked their opinion about something that directly affects them. they don't have to do what he says, but at least communicate. that's a clear sign of a dysfunctional organization in my opinion.

some day we're going to have a jay cutler type of qb and then you'll be reminiscing about the good old days when we had two consecutive hall of fame quarterbacks that played for us for nearly four decades. don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone?
Oh please spare me with the someday drama BS... Heard the same thing, Rodgers, first yr after Favre left. If I told you 2 years before Brett retired he would leave and play for the Vikings the lot of you would have gone ape and said no way... bh) but it happened. So PLEASE try to take the green and gold boxers off everytime we start constructive criticism around here. I know someday I'll be sorry :rolleyes:

That doesn't bother me. I think he's being honest there, and can you say he's wrong? He has enough clout to tell the truth.
RP he's in a contract year so that can be taken many ways. I'd say his agent isn't thrilled with it.

some day we're going to have a jay cutler type of qb and then you'll be reminiscing about the good old days when we had two consecutive hall of fame quarterbacks that played for us for nearly four decades.
And had 2 SB to show for it ??? Yeah that thrills us to no end RB. The fact remains he's a bit of a prick. Never fully fit in or grasped Wisconsin culture. Rodgers is respected in the league but he's far from liked. Why talking about that gets peoples dander up I never can figure out. It's no secret. sh))

So PLEASE try to take the green and gold boxers off everytime we start constructive criticism around here.

I can guarantee you I'm not wearing green and gold boxers. :D

Hate to admit it in here, but I like Rodger's sense of humor. It's dry. I don't find him arrogant (or Arrongant), but just rather plain speaking. His politics and mine are on opposite sides of the pole, but who cares. He's one talented SOB, and I'm glad he's here.

I have no problem with him saying he was surprised that AVP was gone without him knowing about it (and to me, that's all he said). I've been surprised in the past when co-workers/friends were just....*gone*. I've been surprised when some of WPF's have been *gone*.

Neither one of us is a future HOF player in the NFL. lol! Nobody follows us around and attempts to make some sort of story from everything we say. Thank God.

tc( :)

Last edited:
Oh, and I'm glad AVP is gone.

Glad he got his new position if that's what he wanted.

Rodgers hasn't needed a QB 'coach' for some time. Hundley certainly did, and if that's what AVP produced, see ya later.

Don't think much of the new one either, but we'll see.

Oh please spare me with the someday drama BS... Heard the same thing, Rodgers, first yr after Favre left. If I told you 2 years before Brett retired he would leave and play for the Vikings the lot of you would have gone ape and said no way... bh) but it happened. So PLEASE try to take the green and gold boxers off everytime we start constructive criticism around here. I know someday I'll be sorry :rolleyes:
Two years before Brett retired? Which time, I believe he retired at least three different times.
Criticism is fine, but there is little constructive criticism from what I've read.

Anyway, I don't really like the recent change in tone coming from ARod recently. Whether it is part of the negotiating tactics he and his agent are employing remains to be seen. It eerily reminds me of the last years of Favre, when he became bigger than the team. Part of the problem is that MM allowed Rodgers almost too much input and blurred the line between player/coach. It might be time to redefine that line, especially with the new QB coach coming in. Have to wonder if ARod is more upset with AVP leaving or with the guy their replacing him with- Cignetti. Cignetti's recent coaching resume (Giants) isn't impressive either-wonder if he's from the Pittsburgh area?!?!;)

Lastly- should we take Josh Rosen in the draft if he does the ARod slide down the boards?

Back