Battle for Packers' 5th receiver spot heating up

while it may be true that the safety "blew it", that has zero to do with the fact that janis blew right past the cornerback that is projected to be the pats best corner. zero. maybe less than zero.

old news.

i might agree that he almost never says anything negative. but in general, he doesn't make up nice things to say. instead, he says nothing if he has nothing nice to say. i do not believe that mike mccarthy would say that a player was ready to play unless that player was ready to play. he's far more likely to take the conservative view than stick his neck out.

you're absolutely right. he has a right to state his opinion. he doesn't have the right to state opinion as fact and to make up stuff to support his opinion. at least that's the way i see it.[/QUOTE]

I don't make up stuff But since you don't think much of me as I think nothing of you do what I am doing to you set you on ignore so I don't have to see your crap that is nohting but bashing me.

If Janis was so ready to play why didn't he see the field much ?

Did he "blow by" the CB? Yes. But there is more to bring a NFL WR on a simple go route. Let's see how he does reading zone coverages and running a route tree. Sorry guess I hate the guy

while it may be true that the safety "blew it", that has zero to do with the fact that janis blew right past the cornerback that is projected to be the pats best corner. zero. maybe less than zero.

um he's supposed to release in that coverage that was my point to begin with

you're absolutely right. he has a right to state his opinion. he doesn't have the right to state opinion as fact and to make up stuff to support his opinion. at least that's the way i see it.

While I understand your point go reread what 44blitz posted... the WR coach basically backed some of that stuff up RB. Hell if his position coach is telling like it is then that's that.

And as I told SM... I have the guy making the team but he still needs work. Staff says it outright. In this case he was mostly right... but you know what 3 games left. We could all be wrong and Teddy goes another direction . :(

Did he "blow by" the CB? Yes. But there is more to bring a NFL WR on a simple go route. Let's see how he does reading zone coverages and running a route tree. Sorry guess I hate the guy

as i have said repeatedly - a receiver does not have to run the entire route tree to be effective. it's just plain silly to to expect that from every receiver before they even step on the field. this guy has caught four passes in live action, and three of them were touchdowns of over 25 yards. when you have an effective weapon, you use it. you don't say "sorry, you're really good at that, but we need you to be able to do all these other things that you will never be asked to do in a real game before you can play."

as i have said repeatedly - a receiver does not have to run the entire route tree to be effective. it's just plain silly to to expect that from every receiver before they even step on the field. this guy has caught four passes in live action, and three of them were touchdowns of over 25 yards. when you have an effective weapon, you use it. you don't say "sorry, you're really good at that, but we need you to be able to do all these other things that you will never be asked to do in a real game before you can play."
So you want a one trick pony at WR? Any NFL DC will take that away in a New York minute.

So you want a one trick pony at WR? Any NFL DC will take that away in a New York minute.

he's already proven that he's not a one trick pony. he has successfully run come-back routes and crossing routes. both in practice and in games. i mean seriously that's as much or more than former track star billy schroeder could do and he was still effective. can opposing defenses prevent him from running just the go route? absolutely they can. by committing a player or two to doing just that. some folks might see how that can free up another player.

I knew that already....you and others have made that very clear. You do know everything though though to...

he's already proven that he's not a one trick pony. he has successfully run come-back routes and crossing routes. both in practice and in games. i mean seriously that's as much or more than former track star billy schroeder could do and he was still effective. can opposing defenses prevent him from running just the go route? absolutely they can. by committing a player or two to doing just that. some folks might see how that can free up another player.
Proving it in practice and pre season is not the same as when real bullets fly. Jeff Janis will never command double coverage. Please. Not this year anyway. Wow a cone back route or crossing route. If you can't run those you should not even play D1 ball.

Sorry just being realistic

I knew that already....you and others have made that very clear. You do know everything though though to...

Please you watch the same game I do. Watch the replay abd tell me what I missed

Proving it in practice and pre season is not the same as when real bullets fly. Jeff Janis will never command double coverage. Please. Not this year anyway. Wow a cone back route or crossing route. If you can't run those you should not even play D1 ball.

Sorry just being realistic
so there you go - he's at least a three-trick pony. i'll just let you guys have the last say. now that it seems that everyone is jumping on the "disagree" and "dislike" buttons (lombardi, captain d, 44blitz) it's getting a bit too ugly for me. we will just have to wait and see. by the way, i do want to make one thing clear - at no point have i ever tried to insinuate that i think jeff janis will be an all-pro this season. nor do i think the 5th wide receiver on our team (whoever it may be) will have any kind of major impact. don't want people to think i'm some sort of jaff janis groupie. i'm just saying that it is my opinion that he is currently the fifth best receiver on our team.

Back