New From TT SoundOff: Do the Packers have enough at Wide Receiver?

he ran 8 out of 11 routes in the tree. what does it matter how many times he ran each one? so he didn't run a screen pass. big deal. why would you want him to? and we've seen him run a comeback successfully before, so the fact that he didn't run one in this game is irrelevant. i mean really. who is so foolish as to think that every receiver must run am equal number of every single route in every single game? you run the routes that are appropriate.

Outside of Jordy and Cobb, and especially given Adams' 2015 after a good 2014, there is lots of potential, little production/performance/comfort level.

he ran 8 out of 11 routes in the tree. what does it matter how many times he ran each one? so he didn't run a screen pass. big deal. why would you want him to? and we've seen him run a comeback successfully before, so the fact that he didn't run one in this game is irrelevant. i mean really. who is so foolish as to think that every receiver must run am equal number of every single route in every single game? you run the routes that are appropriate.
You run the routes that you can execute. 60% were 9 routes or slants. Simple routes vs man coverage and based on where he is I'm ok with it. What I'm not foolish to understand by that graphic is that he is limited as a wr. Props to him for one great game. Now show it vs zone. Show me that he reads coverages.

to be honest, i think there are some people who are pulling for him to fail. if he had three spectacular games in a row, they would say "it was just three games". and then if he followed that with a fourth, it would be "it was just four games". nothing would ever be enough to prove them wrong in their minds.

in 2015, how many games did randall cobb have where he had more than 100 yards receiving? one. but he was given 18 games of full participation. how about davante adams? 14 games, 12 starts, and not a single 100+ yard game. jeff janis - one game where he was given not quite a full opportunity to play (a playoff game no less) and he delivered a bigger game than any other packers receiver for the entire 2015 season.

if he hasn't earned more playing time in 2016 with that game, then there is something wrong with this coaching staff.

to be honest, i think there are some people who are pulling for him to fail. if he had three spectacular games in a row, they would say "it was just three games". and then if he followed that with a fourth, it would be "it was just four games". nothing would ever be enough to prove them wrong in their minds.

in 2015, how many games did randall cobb have where he had more than 100 yards receiving? one. but he was given 18 games of full participation. how about davante adams? 14 games, 12 starts, and not a single 100+ yard game. jeff janis - one game where he was given not quite a full opportunity to play (a playoff game no less) and he delivered a bigger game than any other packers receiver for the entire 2015 season.

if he hasn't earned more playing time in 2016 with that game, then there is something wrong with this coaching staff.

Right now he is going to behind Nelson, Cobb, Montgromy, and Adams. That at best leaves him the 5th WR so his playing time will be limited. As I said if the Packers go out and draft a mid round WR I think Abby and Janis will be sweating it out because the Packers won't keep 7 WR's meaning that one of them will be gone.

Both Adams and Cobb were more pro ready coming in. Makes a big difference on day one. Then how do they perform in camp? Do they pick up the offense in film study.? Did they run the correct routes? Sure stats are something to look at but it's just a piece to the puzzle. I don't think anyone wants him to fail. What I want to see is more than one game. Reality is the guys ahead of Janis were more pro ready. Who was in front of Cobb? Adams? As fans we see just a small sample of what a player does. We don't watch practice film. We don't sit in position meetings. Has Janis improved yes. Not catching with his body. Using his hands.

He's the underdog. Hustler on special teams. And there are others reasons fans pull for him. But to compare him coming into the league as ready as Cobb or Adams is not fair to all of them

... But to compare him coming into the league as ready as Cobb or Adams is not fair to all of them

well, now i never said he came into the league ready to play. but he has had two full seasons of coaching now. a lot can happen in two years. i'm just saying that there are still some people using comments made by rodgers more than a year and a half ago as justification for janis not playing now. and in my opinion, that is ignorant.

well, now i never said he came into the league ready to play. but he has had two full seasons of coaching now. a lot can happen in two years. i'm just saying that there are still some people using comments made by rodgers more than a year and a half ago as justification for janis not playing now. and in my opinion, that is ignorant.
You earn time and snaps. Again maybe he just did not pick up the offense. It's a big leap from where he came from. He caught the ball with his body. Not good. Any coach is going to give guys snaps by earning them. Call it trust call it evaluation. I think people are being realistic that he's a #5 or #6 guy tops.

For as many good plays as Janis made, he made as many boneheaded ones. Two that I remember: 1. He was wide open deep down field and he completely misplayed/misread the ball and slowed up allowing the ball to be overthrown. 2. He ran a bad route in the endzone where AR expected him to go flat and he dropped back toward the corner of the endzone.

I was/am a big advocate of Janis getting more time and last year with the depth issues at WR was the perfect opportunity for him. I don't think he will have anywhere near that opportunity next year unless the injury bug hits again.

And as to justification. Not playing Janis gives the McCarthy bashers more ammo to second guess him and question his decision making.

Back