New From TT SoundOff: Do the Packers have enough at Wide Receiver?

in 2015, how many games did randall cobb have where he had more than 100 yards receiving? one. but he was given 18 games of full participation. how about davante adams? 14 games, 12 starts, and not a single 100+ yard game. jeff janis - one game where he was given not quite a full opportunity to play (a playoff game no less) and he delivered a bigger game than any other packers receiver for the entire 2015 season.

if he hasn't earned more playing time in 2016 with that game, then there is something wrong with this coaching staff.

RB- overall I agree with you BUT to compare ONE game as representative of his production is short sided at best. Add the fact that almost all of his yards came on two desperation heaves inside of two minutes is not reflective of his usual contribution. Using the example you gave would give DickRod more credence than he deserves (as the slowest TE in the league). I love Janis' work on special teams and I love that he caught those two heaves from ARod. But he will be scrambling for a spot on the team next year. I'm pulling for him to make the team and his special teams play will be his ticket, not his WR play. IMO.

RB- overall I agree with you BUT to compare ONE game as representative of his production is short sided at best. Add the fact that almost all of his yards came on two desperation heaves inside of two minutes is not reflective of his usual contribution. Using the example you gave would give DickRod more credence than he deserves (as the slowest TE in the league). I love Janis' work on special teams and I love that he caught those two heaves from ARod. But he will be scrambling for a spot on the team next year. I'm pulling for him to make the team and his special teams play will be his ticket, not his WR play. IMO.
Janis did play well outside of those heaves in that game, but he had done little in his snaps earlier in the season. It's not like he wasn't getting any. He was a STs demon, rare for me to enjoy watching a gunner work!

He needs to work on his route running a lot, since while he CAN run the tree, he tended to telegraph his cuts and routes which makes CBs salivate at INT opportunities. ARod was wise not to throw it his way on many occasions.

I think it took Janis year one to get at all acclimated to the NFL level, second year concentrating mostly on STs. Maybe now he can focus fully on nuances of WR play. If he can become near as detailed as Nelson, he could make a big leap.

I don't think anyone wants him to fail, but some skepticism isn't uncalled for since athletic WRs fail all the time for various reasons.

to be honest, i think there are some people who are pulling for him to fail. if he had three spectacular games in a row, they would say "it was just three games". and then if he followed that with a fourth, it would be "it was just four games". nothing would ever be enough to prove them wrong in their minds.

in 2015, how many games did randall cobb have where he had more than 100 yards receiving? one. but he was given 18 games of full participation. how about davante adams? 14 games, 12 starts, and not a single 100+ yard game. jeff janis - one game where he was given not quite a full opportunity to play (a playoff game no less) and he delivered a bigger game than any other packers receiver for the entire 2015 season.

if he hasn't earned more playing time in 2016 with that game, then there is something wrong with this coaching staff.
These other guys have proven it by getting it done before. Janis has had ONE decent game. And btw in that game, he took improper angles on some of those routes, causing Aaron's throws to be off.

Great gunner though.

Outside of Jordy and Cobb, and especially given Adams' 2015 after a good 2014, there is lots of potential, little production/performance/comfort level.
YOu have to take into consideration the guy throwing them the ball too.

Aaron wasn't exactly his usual self this past year.

No question. However, it's possible that is a chicken-and-egg question. AR started out statistically better in the first quarter of the season. Was his subsequent 2015 funk a result of feeling that his receiver just weren't going to come through, or did his performance cause the receivers to figure there wasn't much point in trying? Not going to argue either way, but I do think there are two sides to this coin.

No question. However, it's possible that is a chicken-and-egg question. AR started out statistically better in the first quarter of the season. Was his subsequent 2015 funk a result of feeling that his receiver just weren't going to come through, or did his performance cause the receivers to figure there wasn't much point in trying? Not going to argue either way, but I do think there are two sides to this coin.
Rodgers performance was a direct link to the OL. The sack totals past week 8 were staggering. In the past the book on Rodgers is pressure rattles him. Showed last half of the year

Pressure rattles him. That's the book on every QB in the game.

Some more than others. Rodgers gets the yips real fast. Especially when he does not trust the OL

That's true... As opposed to a guy like Rivers.. You can hit that guy all day and he won't get rattled.. Reminds of me John Kitna who was probably the toughest QB i ever watched play.. Guy should have been a hockey player.

Back