Packers 2022 Thread

Douglas is just victim of the Packers FO being inept and putting themselves into this cap hell were they have no room to sign anyone. Heck they will have to make moves just to sign draft picks and have a cushion to sign players for injury replacments.

Silver lining when it comes to Douglas, we'll end up getting a comp pick for a guy Gute snagged off a practice squad.
Makes you wonder how much interest is in him that he's not signed with anyone yet despite league tampering period open.

Douglas was an obvious sacrifice after the Campbell deal. Just gotta have faith that Jaire can stay healthy and you've still got your stud corner duo for the future between him and Stokes. Do we even have room for both Jaire and Davante extensions though? Losing either this year (Davante) or next (Jaire) and I fail to see how you can view this as a successful offseason.
Actually a Adams extension would be welcome, right now he’s $20m on the books, an extension probably helps Alexander also

Douglas is just victim of the Packers FO being inept and putting themselves into this cap hell were they have no room to sign anyone. Heck they will have to make moves just to sign draft picks and have a cushion to sign players for injury replacments.
Inept? They found him on the PS and put him in position to succeed. He's not a plug and play starter around the league, he's a 4.6 corner. How many of them are starters? I think he's good fit in GB but guys who aren't flexible can be exploited. It's not an easy call. He had a remarkable season but he's not like Shields or Tramon Williams.

The way the league is set up probably not to much to pay. There are probably 3-4 spots you overpay…QB, LT, CB and WR. Probably in that order. And much of the success of your QB is who he tosses to. Look how Tampa is loading up on WR to play with Brady now, probably overpaid for Godwin. I get the age thing, it’s valid
I’d add Edge to that list.
Pass rushers get paid too

If it wasn’t for Covid rules last year, it’s likely Douglas wouldn’t have been on a roster at all.
Maybe GB gets lucky and we can sign him off the street later as an injury replacement.

(Sarcasm)

Inept? They found him on the PS and put him in position to succeed. He's not a plug and play starter around the league, he's a 4.6 corner. How many of them are starters? I think he's good fit in GB but guys who aren't flexible can be exploited. It's not an easy call. He had a remarkable season but he's not like Shields or Tramon Williams.
Still would like him back if could have got him at a reasonable number but because the FO is inept they put signing pretty much any FA out of reach.

Still would like him back if could have got him at a reasonable number but because the FO is inept they put signing pretty much any FA out of reach.
Inept? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Numbers don’t lie.
And if you can’t make them work, they won’t work.
The pie has a finite number of slices

Back