Packers Defensive Issues

In all seriousness though....ARod better learn to hand off and take the check down. His style of play elevated him to the top, but that style will end up costing him his career if it continues. Brady is still playing because he checks down and doesn't take the hits that Aaron does. Would love to see Rodgers play 6 more years, but the only way he does that is modifying his play. His ego is part of this, has to learn to take what they give you.

Last edited:
In all seriousness though....ARod better learn to hand off and take the check down. His style of play elevated him to the top, but that style will end up costing him his career if it continues. Brady is still playing because he checks down and doesn't take the hits that Aaron does. Would love to see Rodgers play 6 more years, but the only way he does that is modifying his play. His ego is part of this, got to learn to take what they give you.

He's gotta want to change his game. I agree with you and maybe this injury will push him in that direction. Then again, if that's such an integral part of his game, will he ever want to let go of It? I'm sure as he ages, and his body doesn't move like it used to, then maybe he changes.

Packers have allowed 58 passing touchdowns since the start of 2016. The only team that has allowed more? The Browns (63).

Same goes for passer rating. Packers have allowed an opposing passer rating of 98.0 since the start of 2016. Second highest in NFL. The Browns are last at 102.2.

Those stats are scary. At the same time, they show just how darned good Rodgers is. We won a lot of games with him in the lineup, despite this totally unacceptable level of defense.

I just don't see how McCarthy can continue keeping Capers on board. The wheels aren't just off the bus, the bus is on fire!

What’s scary is that the hallmark of whatever success DC has had in Green Bay has been passer rating differential, which has always been a strong point for him. Past two years now that’s fallen off a cliff, along with the rest of the D. It’s beyond time for a change

Back