Packers resign Mason Crosby to 4 year deal

Wolfman, I'm not picking on your posts I just find them quite thought provoking!

Every year there is only one team that makes it work, the Super Bowl Champs. Very seldom do they make it work more than once, then they start over. Of all the FA signings last year, only Denver made it work. I would bet money they won't be back. Just a little different perspective. I would be startled but happy if TT changed his MO this year and signed just one significant FA who he thought could provide enough difference to out weigh the loss of his precious comp picks. My pick of FAs out there right now? Super Mario, and he won't even cost you a pick!
Dubz, I would love it if GB were coming off a SB victory and might not make it back next year! thumbsup

VERY happy with the resigning of Crosby... good kicker, great character! Mason wasn't leaving. GB rewarded him for his character and loyalty to Green Bay and the team as well as his performance. It sends a good message to the team that there are other intangibles other than performance that are important.

Green Bay - The four-year extension K Mason Crosby signed is worth $16.1 million, pays him $6.15 million in 2016 and features escalators that can raise his salary in each of the last three seasons.

Continue reading...

4 years, 16.1 million, 5 million signing bonus. Seems a little high, which is relative for a kicker, considering the franchise tag is 4.1 million. That said, shouldn't really affect any other signings.

Edit: Just read franchise tag #, If that is true contract is in line.

VERY happy with the resigning of Crosby... good kicker, great character! Mason wasn't leaving. GB rewarded him for his character and loyalty to Green Bay and the team as well as his performance. It sends a good message to the team that there are other intangibles other than performance that are important.

Is your avatar the USS Wisconsin? ch(

Sounds like a low initial CAP hit due to structure. 2016 CAP number is only $2.4mil and then $3.6mil in 2017 so allows a bit of flexibility.

Back