Post Game: Packers defeat Rams 24-12

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
6-8

One unusual aspect to the game is that Rodgers looked like he was in a pretty good mood for almost the entirety of it. Will wonders never cease?

Dillon had a nice couple of TDs and Jones had one.

Nixon had a heck of an evening, which again makes me wonder what took so darn long.

There were, of course, a fair number of stupid things, but that's just life as a Packer's fan lately. :)

gopackgo

Last edited:
The nerve of that schmuck QB to make that comment after the game on national TV though.

The nerve of that schmuck QB to make that comment after the game on national TV though.
I thought so too. Easily could have laughed it off or even said it was his own fault for not making sure Watson seen the hand signal. Amazes me the things he says when he is touted as this thoughtful, cerebral, zen like person.

If they play the next three games like they played last night, they’re going 0-3. That’s my takeaway.

That's how i felt after I watched it. Sure, they did some nice things on offense and defense but they did it against a pretty depleted Rams team. It was still a bit herky-jerky on offense for long stretches and still too many mistakes on defense.

The only thing I saw that translates forward is the job Nixon is doing as a returner. He makes you wonder what the heck they were seeing every day in practice to have Amari Rodgers playing ahead of this guy for so long. It's borderline incompetence.

I will say that if we do not have the TO's on the Rams side of the field then we at least score 30 points offensively. If we get TDs, we then score 38 points. We moved the ball on the Rams all night although this Rams D is nothing to write home about. At least this offense is playing better than it has all year. And if we are going to win out (which I do not believe we will) we will need to score 30 points per game.

If the Rams would have continued to run the ball, they would have eaten this defense alive. Akers only had 12 carries and averaged 5.4 yards per carry. Not sure why they did not run it more.

And let's give credit to the ST's. They have played much better the last 4 games and since Amri Rodgers has been gone, the return yards are insane. It's good to see them do some things to help this team.

It was not pretty at all and if Atwell holds on to the ball at the end of the half the it’s 10-10 at half it might be a much different game. Lazard was MIA. ST was a positive but that’s about it.

On to Miami

The nice thing about the Manningcast is that they're so busy talking about other stuff that they don't try to create a narrative the way that usual broadcast booths do, so you just see the game at face value. I know they moved the ball but it wasn't all that impressive, no one was really sharp and trying to force feed Watson a TD at the end of the game was odd.

One high point to the game that should not be dismissed was that Watson did something that I haven't seen him do much until now. Yes, I've seen the spectacular (MVS-ish) plays the last 6 games, but what you need to see from a potential future #1 is making those tough, short, possession type catches that keep the chains moving. Those happen when the WR does the subtle things to create some space and then make the contested catch and hang onto the ball. He's no Davante Adams yet, and might never be, but it's still a good sign, IMO.

Back