Post Game: Packers defeat Rams 24-12

Rodgers looks like a 39 year old QB who's at the end of the road.

Rams at 4-10 now have tied Denver for the most losses following a Super Bowl winning season.

Rodgers looks like a 39 year old QB who's at the end of the road.
Not sure. His numbers were a bit deceiving because the run / pass ratio was 35/30, novel thought committing to the run and they did not take any shots deep, more controlled. 22 of 30 is not bad. Lazard did not help his cause last night as a side note

Not sure. His numbers were a bit deceiving because the run / pass ratio was 35/30, novel thought committing to the run and they did not take any shots deep, more controlled. 22 of 30 is not bad. Lazard did not help his cause last night as a side note
Said before Lazard is not worth resigning as a #3. Cheaper to bring back a Cobb or draft a WR to be the #3 then pay Lazard to be a 3.

I thought the Packers had a well executed offensive game plan, based on the fact that the super cold weather had to be a problem for Rodgers broken thumb. They opted to control the ball through their running game.

The passing game was geared to move the chains, not get chunks of yardage. Watson and Doubs showed they excel at that game.

After watching a lot of it for a second time, I found that Tom has really improved his footwork. He was beaten badly a couple of times, but for the most part, he was able to maintain his blocks well enough to keep them off Rodgers. Of course it would have been a different story, had Donald been out there.

After watching a lot of it for a second time, I found that Tom has really improved his footwork. He was beaten badly a couple of times, but for the most part, he was able to maintain his blocks well enough to keep them off Rodgers. Of course it would have been a different story, had Donald been out there.
I thought Tom was still better than Yosh, who had an uncharacteristically poor game. Maybe just me. He also was up against Leonard Floyd, who is no joke turning the corner.

The nice thing about the Manningcast is that they're so busy talking about other stuff that they don't try to create a narrative the way that usual broadcast booths do, so you just see the game at face value. I know they moved the ball but it wasn't all that impressive, no one was really sharp and trying to force feed Watson a TD at the end of the game was odd.

I think the attempted TD Pass to Watson was a learning event. Keep your head in the game, it's going to be tough for the rest of the season, no mistakes, we need to score, be alert, let's go.

If not? what the F

I think the attempted TD Pass to Watson was a learning event. Keep your head in the game, it's going to be tough for the rest of the season, no mistakes, we need to score, be alert, let's go.

If not? what the F
I'm not a mind reader but I don't think it should be Aaron Rodgers' job to be playing mind games with rookie WR. You throw to score, run to win. In that situation, what was more important to the Packers - the score or the win?

I'm not a mind reader but I don't think it should be Aaron Rodgers' job to be playing mind games with rookie WR. You throw to score, run to win. In that situation, what was more important to the Packers - the score or the win?
Based on the play sequence maybe a bit of both. 2nd and 10 was a short out to Watson for 8, then the incomplete on the quick out to the right. He might have wanted the kid to get in the end zone. They ran on 4th then took a couple of knees to end it. What’s somewhat interesting is the over / under was 39.5. Some folks might not have been happy taking a knee there

Based on the play sequence maybe a bit of both. 2nd and 10 was a short out to Watson for 8, then the incomplete on the quick out to the right. He might have wanted the kid to get in the end zone. They ran on 4th then took a couple of knees to end it. What’s somewhat interesting is the over / under was 39.5. Some folks might not have been happy taking a knee there
Looking at the play, he probably wanted Watson upfield a couple steps and then step back for a quick hitch. Would have been there if they were both on the same page. You could see he signaled something but Watson must not have gotten it.

Back