Post Game Thread: The Giants defeat the Packers 24-22

I am lost in tandem. Explain this?
Complementary football? My offense is going to score points, i just want my defense to avoid explosive big plays and avoid shootout situations.

I’m not advocating for that and I don’t know if that’s how coaches actually think but i have learned that people generally overestimate how on the ball some of these guys actually are.

Mark just saying that his play calling has a lot to be deseried he never seems to change in game he sticks with what he planned. Also I think this anyaltic coaches can shove that crap were the sun don't shine I don't think it works.
You were fine with it when they won on Turkey day? Ditto when they beat KC. Your still not grasping the issues of a young team with backup talent starting in some spots....he won and scored with that and got them back into sniffing the playoffs and your complaining? Seriously, 20 teams would love to have these issues.

Folks need to remember 5 losses by combined 13 points, that's not getting blown out that's we are this close to being a really good team.

Inconsistency is the normal attribute of a young team. I both enjoyed the game AND found it extremely frustrating. I actually still feel better about the season as a whole, and Love's performance. Let's see if next few games changes that opinion.

One thing 4 and 12 did really well was throwing in bad weather conditions. I don't know if the wind was that big of a factor or if 10 was just regressing most of the night. He will likely have up/down games in the future. The key is minimizing it and not turning the ball over.

Silver lining: still playing without starting blue chip LT, RB, starting ILB, WR and with half a team of rookies. But hey lost to a terrible team that was trying its best to roll over. We can only hope they learned something from that.

I didn't see the whole game but you have to continue to be impressed with what the young WR's are showing. Tons of ability. Even Heath, a rookie who is what 5th on the depth chart showed some juice with that acrobatic TD.

This isn't the first time LeFleur said he wasn't happy with the defense at the end of the game. I think it's the third time this year. It was happening last year too. Complaining about it at a post-game presser doesn't change it one bit.

It has to change! He has to be the one to make it happen. He's the HC, not Barry.

This isn't the first time LeFleur said he wasn't happy with the defense at the end of the game. I think it's the third time this year. It was happening last year too. Complaining about it at a post-game presser doesn't change it one bit.

It has to change! He has to be the one to make it happen. He's the HC, not Barry.
I am sure it will after the season, to be frank there sure seems to be a lot of whiteknucklng after one loss

Like, what is this crap…

I think a bunch of people here have their wires crossed but before posting I got the game which I dvr out to check, if Barry called Man up cover 1 the team played off man sudo cover 3. So I am going to enlighten some of you that means either the call going in was wrong( sideline) OR whom ever is wearing the green dot with quay out MESSED UP..... wait no one here thought about that did ya? If the defensive play caller is out it falls to someone else, I'll bet the barn with all the guys going in/out we are getting wires crossed on some of these defensives calls

PFF Best/Worse Players

Top 5 offense

1. RB Patrick Taylor: 77.9
2. TE Tucker Kraft: 76.4
3. RT Zach Tom: 72.2
4. LT Rasheed Walker: 67.7
5. RB A.J. Dillon: 66.1

Taylor rushed for times for 30 yards and two first downs, caught two passes for 22 yards and a first down and was the team’s highest graded pass-blocker overall. Kraft caught all four targets for 64 yards and three first downs and was excellent as a blocker in both phases. Tom allowed only two hurries and was the offensive line’s top graded run blocker. Walker gave up two pressures, including a sack, but was otherwise solid. Dillon turned 17 touches into 78 total yards and forced six total missed tackles.

Top 5 defense

1. DL Devonte Wyatt: 89.7
2. DL TJ Slaton: 86.9
3. OLB Lukas Van Ness: 72.1
4. LB Isaiah McDuffie: 68.3
5. CB Carrington Valentine: 66.3

Wyatt had a team-high five pressures (all hurries) and four stops against the run. Slaton produced two run stops and a pressure over 34 snaps. Van Ness got bullied on Saquon Barkley’s first touchdown run but also produced one pressure and one run stop. McDuffie had a stop and didn’t allow a catch in coverage but graded out poorly against the run. Valentine gave up four catches, including a touchdown, and had a penalty, but he also produced two stops and a fumble recovery.

Bottom 5 offense

1. TE Ben Sims: 52.4
2. C Josh Myers: 54.6
3. WR Romeo Doubs: 54.7
4. LG Elgton Jenkins: 55.3
5. WR Malik Heath: 55.8

Sims wasn’t targeted and received poor run-blocking grades over 10 snaps. Myers allowed a season-high five pressures including a sack. Doubs ran 39 routes but had just 32 receiving yards on seven targets. Jenkins allowed five pressures, including two quarterback hits, and had a false start. Heath caught 1-of-2 contested targets (on final two plays) over 10 routes and was below average as a blocker.

Bottom 5 defense

1. CB Keisean Nixon: 40.1
2. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 40.9
3. CB Corey Ballentine: 46.1
4. DL Karl Brooks: 50.1
5. S Darnell Savage: 57.9

Nixon gave up four catches for a team-high 60 yards, including the back-breaking 32-yarder to Wan’Dale Robinson. He also missed a tackle. Enagbare had three hurries but graded very poorly against the run. Ballentine, an ex-Giant, allowed two catches, missed two tackles and was the defense’s lowest graded run defender. Brooks didn’t have a pressure over 13 pass-rush snaps and struggled against the run. Savage missed a team-high three tackles and was responsible for three completions.

Special teams

Rudy Ford and Anthony Johnson Jr. both committed 15-yard penalties on special teams. Ford recovered a fumble. The Packers didn’t have a tackle or miss on special teams. Anders Carlson connected on 3-of-4 field goals, with a long of 48 and a miss from 45. Daniel Whelan put 1-of-3 punts inside the 20-yard line but averaged under 40 yards per punt. Keisean Nixon fumbled away a punt return. Overall, this was the Packers’ second-lowest graded game on special teams.

Quarterback

Jordan Love: 58.6 Love finished with three “big-time throws” and two “turnover-worthy plays.” He hit on just 1-of-5 passes thrown over 20 yards and 3-of-10 passes thrown over 10 yards, averaged just 2.3 yards per attempt under pressure (14 of 41 dropbacks) and received a poor run grade after losing a fumble. Love had seven completions thrown behind the line of scrimmage gaining only five yards. Monday night was Love’s second-lowest grade of the 2023 season.

I think a bunch of people here have their wires crossed but before posting I got the game which I dvr out to check, if Barry called Man up cover 1 the team played off man sudo cover 3. So I am going to enlighten some of you that means either the call going in was wrong( sideline) OR whom ever is wearing the green dot with quay out MESSED UP..... wait no one here thought about that did ya? If the defensive play caller is out it falls to someone else, I'll bet the barn with all the guys going in/out we are getting wires crossed on some of these defensives calls
That would be Campbell wouldn't it? Not a rookie there.

Back