Quarless arrrested for gun offense

Nerd

Reaction score
rotoworld

"Packers TE Andrew Quarless was arrested in Miami Saturday morning after allegedly firing a gun twice into the ground during an altercation.

Quarless tried to flee the scene, but he was arrested and charged with discharging a firearm in public, which is a first-degree misdemeanor with penalties of up to one year in jail in Florida. No matter what happens in the legal system, Quarless is likely to face a significant suspension from the NFL. Nothing more than a mediocre talent, Quarless' days with the Packers could be finished."

Not the brightest move, I agree he could be gone.

Pretty stupid, but nothing major. If he had shot someone or shot at them...different story. He wont be cut because of this.

Regardless, you have one mission before camp. Stay clean and don't get in trouble. Q fails said mission

Disappointing.

He obviously did not heed McCarthy's off season message "BE SAFE".

Not going to make the front office happy having to deal with another off field brain fart.

Update

More details have emerged regarding the Miami misadventures of Packers tight endAndrew Quarless. And they don’t make the situation any better for Quarless.

According to theMiami New Times, the police report claims Quarless fired two shots — one into the air — from a semiautomatic .45 caliber handgunduring an argument with a group of women.

The argument happened as Quarless and another man were leaving a parking garage in a Porsche Panamera (product placement!). The men approached another car containing several women. An attendant at the parking garage heard one of the women yell, “No, get away, leave me alone!”

According to the police report, Quarless produced the gun and fired two shots, one straight into the sky. One of the women later told police that Quarless fired the shots “in an attempt to emphasize his dominance and manhood.”

The parking attendant called police. According to the police report, Quarless left the Porsche and tried to hide the gun in a potted plant. Police found the gun and matched the shells found at the garage with the gun.

Quarless is charged only with a misdemeanor, but that won’t matter to 345 Park Avenue. Firing a weapon twice in public — including the firing of a round into the air — during a dispute with a group of women Quarless didn’t know will undoubtedly provoke harsh consequences in the post-Ray Rice NFL.

It also could provoke the Packers to consider dumping Quarless and his $1.3 million salary, unless they’re willing to pay him to not play, because Quarless is likely headed for paid leave pending the resolution of his case.

Smoking weed is one thing, but reckless conduct with a deadly weapon is uncool, unwise, and can only lead to bad things. Nobody was in danger, nobody was making deadly threats.....there's no need to introduce a weapon into the situation other than to try to make yourself look tough.

He's the putative starter at TE, but I'd be fine if the Packers released him. This is just stupid and undisciplined and you don't win with people like that. I'm all about character trumping talent and this is a case in point.

Complete idiot ! Jones I get and Guion was kind of a tool before he got to GB but Q has been disappointing from Day 1. Hello Oakland ? Need a TE ?

Back