Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rodgers had his way, the Packers would have brought back ineffective players. We likely aren't able to re-sign younger, more capable replacements. Keeping crappy vets means the Packers can't afford what good FAs the Packers have had.

Rodgers is wrong, period.

If Rodgers had his way, the Packers would have brought back ineffective players. We likely aren't able to re-sign younger, more capable replacements. Keeping crappy vets means the Packers can't afford what good FAs the Packers have had.

Rodgers is wrong, period.
I understand Senile Ted's tenure had some bad moves and one could argue they lacked urgency, but these guys are too wrapped up in personal relationships on the team to provide a clear take.

If Rodgers wanted these guys around, he should've taken a paycut to facilitate it. Because all of these guys were ineffective for the most part after they left.

I understand Senile Ted's tenure had some bad moves and one could argue they lacked urgency, but these guys are too wrapped up in personal relationships on the team to provide a clear take.

If Rodgers wanted these guys around, he should've taken a paycut to facilitate it. Because all of these guys were ineffective for the most part after they left.
Exactly.

Hey Aaron, there’s this thing in the NFL called “the salary cap”, because as you know, “it’s a business”.

Tough decisions need to be made. Sorry you took up a 3rd of the cap & then had to say goodbye to a few of your poker buddies.

What’s getting lost in this discussion on the press conference is that in the last 48 the organization caved to his demands knowing his attitude, personality and behavior. They did this knowing that this will be the last dance. Winning a championship or should I say contending for one was more important than shipping out a distraction. The damage was not done today. The damage was done trying to fix an unfixable philosophical bridge since March. I’m not defending Rodgers, this was full tilt carnage. But if Murphy and this organization did their job today never happens

What’s getting lost in this discussion on the press conference is that in the last 48 the organization caved to his demands knowing his attitude, personality and behavior. They did this knowing that this will be the last dance. Winning a championship or should I say contending for one was more important than shipping out a distraction. The damage was not done today. The damage was done trying to fix an unfixable philosophical bridge since March. I’m not defending Rodgers, this was full tilt carnage. But if Murphy and this organization did their job today never happens
I don’t think today was that big a deal. Scratch that, it’s a big deal for GB because it’s such a milquetoast organization and the fan base and media have fallen asleep, but in the scheme of things I don’t think it’s a big deal.

And I think they stopped trying to fix things a while ago and both sides are just holding their noses.

Exactly.

Hey Aaron, there’s this thing in the NFL called “the salary cap”, because as you know, “it’s a business”.

Tough decisions need to be made. Sorry you took up a 3rd of the cap & then had to say goodbye to a few of your poker buddies.
My one quibble is that there were certain guys like Micah Hyde, Jared Cook and Corey Linsley that played big roles on the team and in the locker room that not only weren’t re-signed but apparently weren’t even communicated with. If it was me, I think it would show some class to be more upfront with their intentions.

I don’t think today was that big a deal. Scratch that, it’s a big deal for GB because it’s such a milquetoast organization and the fan base and media have fallen asleep, but in the scheme of things I don’t think it’s a big deal.

And I think they stopped trying to fix things a while ago and both sides are just holding their noses.
Not sure. One your first point I tend to agree. But on the rest the lure of another Lombardi outweighs everything. The whole GB mystique.

I just think there is an awful lot of overreactng going on with this from the start to today. I just dont see the big deal in it from the front office to Rodgers. I think its more from some who never liked Rodgers from the start and have a love fest for Favre. Glad this part is done and we can finally move on to actual football.

And then this

Another Rodgers special, had a guy specifically ask the question and then had an ultra prepared response with notes. Really happy to have him back for a final year, but yeah, he is constantly looking worse and worse in my eyes.

As for people that think I can't root for him or will only be waiting to **** on him when he does something wrong, no, my beefs with him have been the same for years. I have no problem putting the packer success over my beefs with him at all. And I will only rarely (for as much as I used to post) go out of my way to try to share that perspective or get others to acknowledge it. He is a person and a player with lots of flaws that we as fans overlooked for probably too long, I feel like this offseason has just opened more eyes to the people that were warning us all along.

Also, I do know for a fact that he was reaching out to local blog/vlog to get people on his side, so before the claims he wouldn't do this or that to sway public favor, I can tell you he 100% made efforts to get people that talk packers to back him on this so he doesn't look so bad or to help make the team look worse. And oddly enough, those 'reaches out' started just before the last draft, strange timing isn't it?

I just think there is an awful lot of overreactng going on with this from the start to today. I just dont see the big deal in it from the front office to Rodgers. I think its more from some who never liked Rodgers from the start and have a love fest for Favre. Glad this part is done and we can finally move on to actual football.
Unfortunately the distraction is there for the next 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back