Tom Brady suspended

Sounds like things could get interesting!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ment-far-exceeded-any-reasonable-expectation/

“Despite our conviction that there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league. Today’s punishment, however, far exceeded any reasonable expectation. It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence,” the statement reads.

........although I find one guy referring to himself as 'the deflator' to be a bit more than circumstantial. :)

Last edited:
........although I find one guy referring to himself as 'the deflator' to be a bit more than circumstantial. :)

Not really.. The balls the Pats get are inflated to more than the minimum (the texts say as much, claiming one ball they got from the ref was inflated to 16) which Brady wants changed. Someone needs to deflate them all down to a still legal 12.5 ..... Easy explanation :)

A. If you think no one else has done this your cra).....
B.Packer fan base better stop living in glass's houses we have had our share of crap over the years, be humble and let it be.

By saying 'be humble' are you suggesting that we should not talk about a major news story?

Or what? I guess I don't understand.

Considering the likely reduction after appeal I thought this was actually pretty light. I was thinking they'd hit them with 8 and it would be reduced to 4 later. A 4 game suspension is likely to be reduced to 1 or 2.

I was certainly hoping he'd be suspended for more than four because of that.

He lied. Simple.

ETA: But if I were a Pat's fan (gag) (sorry Cd), I'd be pretty annoyed about the draft picks.

As others have said, this must go deeper than the current situation.

Last edited:
As the NCAA often says - lack of institutional control.

I think Brady's 4 games are because of what happened (2 games) and because he lied about it (2 more games). Sure it's all circumstantial but this isn't a court of law with a murder trial. If it walks like a duck . . . etc. I have no problems with the 4 game suspension. Pats probably still go 2-2 to start the season and have a good chance of making the playoffs if they fix their secondary.

I think the team fine is because of the lack of control. Equipment guys just doing with a player wants despite knowing it's wrong and not reporting it to anyone (or reporting it and nobody does anything) says you probably need to rework your corporate communications message.

That said, the fine and draft pick losses are a bit harsh. I could see a 2nd and 4th, but taking that 1st Rd pick is a bit much considering the nature of the "crime". I think this was to send a message and also piling on after a previous "cheating" incident.

I also realize this might be happening on the Packers and other teams. The thing is, why are the Pats the ones that keep getting caught cheating and no other teams. Is this the tip of the iceberg for the Pats and others are more subtle, or are the Pats just cheating and others are not. I truly don't know, but find it interesting that they are the only organization that has been hit twice now.

I think this is a blessing in disguise for the Pats. They just won the SB so it's not like the clock is ticking on getting one more ring for Tom. They have a young QB who looked OK last year and they probably want to get him quality reps anyway. They're a very good team but they just dumped their starting secondary in the off-season and are retooling there (and don't kid yourselves, without Revis they don't win the SB) so you have to temper expectations for next year at least a little bit anyway.

So they get a good look at their guy while the team is still talented overall, if he looks good that makes things easier for a future transition. After 2015 Pats save $3m by cutting Brady. After 2016 they save $10m. He'll be 40. Based on the way BB runs things, if Garoppolo performs well, would anyone be shocked if this was Brady's last year with the Pats? Based on the cap savings, isn't it more likely than not that 2016 is his last year with them anyway? Getting Garoppolo in front of some live bullets now and seeing some success there sets them up for a Favre-Rodgers situation in 1-2 years, and that's not a bad thing. tc(

Back