Tom Brady suspended

In the end they still have 4 SB and just restocked in the last draft... sounds all fine and dandy but in reality the Pats come out smelling like a rose.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/a-theory-on-how-deflategate-initially-unfolded/

I know it's much to do about nothing in reality. But I still find the story interesting as it unfolds. And as we get more and more information, Goodell and NFL look worse and worse. Basically the NFL allowed an entire half of championship game to be played while suspecting tampered balls just so they could "catch" the Pats in the act at halftime.. Yikes..

Ted Wells going on the defensive was quite telling as well..

NFL needs to find a new story to distract people because this is just going to get uglier. And I need something else to distract me.. How long till camp?

Daopoulos added that officials generally didn’t know that footballs lost air pressure in cold weather;

To me, that's just incredible. These are college graduates. Were they all home sick the day they taught science in science class?

And I'm sure GB gives it's own sideline better space heaters than the opposition. Call in the Inquisition!

Deflating footballs slightly is the equivalent of playing hockey with an illegally curved stick blade. Petty way to give yourself an advantage? Yes. But they give you 2 mins for it and everyone moves on. I don't remember NHL league office calling the equipment guys in for interviews to see who was responsible for stick blades. During the game when they noticed the balls they should have given NE 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, use different balls and end it.

The suspension is 100% because of Brady's ego in basically flipping off the league, and Goodell's ego in putting a star player in a bad spot and then being PO'd when he got flipped off. I guess the lesson is, the principal may be an a-hole, but you can't spit in his face when he calls you into the office, even if you're a stud QB.

Part of reason so many are against pats is the we are better then everyone attitude the team and players carry.

Was discussed a couple of days ago on a radio show, but part of this should be "shame on the NFL". In MLB, the balls are controlled by the umpires. Teams can't mess with them. Why hasn't the NFL done the same thing? There have been incidents before this, so do something about it.

Each team submits it's game balls before the game, refs check them out and then control them until just before gametime. At that point, cameras are on everything so nobody is gonna tamper with them because the odds are far too high that they'd get caught.

Was discussed a couple of days ago on a radio show, but part of this should be "shame on the NFL". In MLB, the balls are controlled by the umpires. Teams can't mess with them. Why hasn't the NFL done the same thing? There have been incidents before this, so do something about it.

Each team submits it's game balls before the game, refs check them out and then control them until just before gametime. At that point, cameras are on everything so nobody is gonna tamper with them because the odds are far too high that they'd get caught.

For one the NFL never considered it a big deal..

Back