What really happened in GB

I'm sure some stuff in that article is true, I'm sure some is fluff, and I'm sure some is just made up.

Regardless, what I do know is that the Packers have had two first ballot HOF quarterbacks--one considered the best statistical QB to ever come through the NFL--running the show for a significant majority of the last 28 years.

They've been to the Super Bowl three times. Something is amiss, because looking at the rosters for many of those years there's a dynasty there that never was--especially looking at 2011-2018.

How on God's green Earth could Murphy let this sh*tstorm turn into a hurricane without intervening? Yeah, he was focused on making the organization year-round cheddar with the Titletown stuff, but if things were as obviously terrible as this article makes it seem, then this guy is either a complete idiot or too scared to rock a boat that's already sinking.

I think Gute is solid, and I hope he has the mettle to surround Aaron with coaches and players who can challenge him and awake the dragon.

I just hope Murphy is held to account if all his meddling over the past 18 months turns to disaster. He's been in on every hiring decision big and small from roster management to coaching personnel. He's talked with great swagger about his football and managerial acumen. To me nothing less than his job is on the line if they don't win another Super Bowl before 12 retires. No excuses or second chances to start the next era of the franchise after 12. All his chips are in.

Been following this post and the bs that has been brought up by this Dunne guy and have to say I don't give a S---. Whether it was Murphy's fault, MM's or A-Rods we only won 6 fricken games with one of the best QB's in the NFL. I didn't say nice guy, I didn't say genuine guy, I said QB period. Now the weight is on the new coach to bring all this together and he has his hand full and I wish him nothing but the best and a 12 game winning season at which time all this s--- will be forgotten. The one thing that really made me doubt this whole article was how Dunne knew what was said between Murphy and A-Rod when Murphy told him they hired a new coach and not to be part of the problem. Until he can prove that the rest is just his opinion.

The one thing that really made me doubt this whole article was how Dunne knew what was said between Murphy and A-Rod when Murphy told him they hired a new coach and not to be part of the problem. Until he can prove that the rest is just his opinion.

exactly. almost everyone seems to think tyler dunne has written the gospel. whatever happened to the days of "you can't trust any of that garbage on bleacher report"? dunne admits that he never talked to rodgers, mccarthy, or murphy when writing this article. did he tap murphy's phone? like the mad scientist said - i'm sure some of the stuff in the article is true. i'm sure some is fluff, and i'm sure some is just made up. hell, anyone could see that rodgers and mccarthy were not the best of buddies. and there was some real obvious breakdown of the little bit of chemistry that they had in their final season together. one of them had to go. as far as i am concerned it was obvious which one. i never liked the hire of mccarthy in the first place. he had no head coaching experience and his most recent gig as an offensive coordinator was a huge bust. and whoever had the bright idea of pairing that meathead with the quarterback that he flat out embarrassed in the draft must have had a screw loose.

There's nothing positive that either McCarthy nor Rodgers could say at this point that would satisfy too many people. It's in both their best interests to keep their heads down and pretty much ignore the comments, and move on with their lives. No matter how tempting it may be to lash out, it's not going to do anyone any good.

As for Murphy, my inside source at 1265 who said he had become involved in the decisions on the team quite a while back, appears to be dead on.

Winning is what matters. If you go 14-2 every year, and get bounced out of the first game you're in when the playoffs start, are you really a winner, or is the team that goes 11-5, then runs the table the real winner?

When you keep winning Lombardi Trophies, everything is fantastic within your organization. Fall a little, or let complacency set in, and the entire operation begins to crumble from within. The Packers became complacent because they always believed they were in the hunt for a ring, even though they almost always came up short. You can only make excuses for not winning for so long and every little thing that happens within that group becomes a distraction.

Now the question is whether or not Murphy and his appointees are right people to rebuild?

MM is already denying items from the report. James Jones from NFL network denying pretty hard as well, along with other teammates. I suspect the story is true but elements of it are somewhat exaggerated based on the opinions of the people telling the story. (Right now I'm thinking about James Jones and Greg Jennings, who apparently remain friends, but are telling "somewhat" different stories.)

Like we see in other areas of life, two people, sometimes direct eye witnesses see something and later tell somewhat different stories. In the end, the basic elements of the story are likely true and cast the organization in a bad light. Hopefully ML can put this part of Packer's history in the rear-view mirror.

exactly. almost everyone seems to think tyler dunne has written the gospel. whatever happened to the days of "you can't trust any of that garbage on bleacher report"? dunne admits that he never talked to rodgers, mccarthy, or murphy when writing this article. did he tap murphy's phone? like the mad scientist said - i'm sure some of the stuff in the article is true. i'm sure some is fluff, and i'm sure some is just made up. hell, anyone could see that rodgers and mccarthy were not the best of buddies. and there was some real obvious breakdown of the little bit of chemistry that they had in their final season together. one of them had to go. as far as i am concerned it was obvious which one. i never liked the hire of mccarthy in the first place. he had no head coaching experience and his most recent gig as an offensive coordinator was a huge bust. and whoever had the bright idea of pairing that meathead with the quarterback that he flat out embarrassed in the draft must have had a screw loose.
My wife and I had this conversation during a walk the other day. I NEVER liked MM as head coach - when he was hired I thought he was just going to be the temporary coach to finish out the Favre years, before the next era featuring Aaron Rodgers. But because of the HOF QB's we had, he got way too much credit (over the last couple of years we couldn't win without AR playing). As for AR, he's always had a chip on his shoulder to prove to everyone (especially MM for not drafting him #1) that he's the best QB in the league. And if you remember the stories of him during high school - he would go into his HS coach's office on Monday morning with a full analysis/review of the 49er's offensive game plan from the day before; so I'm not surprised that in the article he talks about Rodgers lack of confidence in MM's offensive planning. Again, I think there are some truths in the article, but it I think it exaggerates the negatives. Just saw a quote from Jordy that I think summarizes things well, especially "He's hard on people, he demands a lot, but he demands a lot from himself.":

People are defending Dunne. They say he talked to over 40 people while writting this article.

People are defending Dunne. They say he talked to over 40 people while writting this article.
Dunne confirmed he did in a radio interview yesterday. He said it was both current AND former players. Like several have said there are some personal shots and twists in this story but also some truth.

Back