Wisconsin Fires Paul Chryst

PC is making 5.2 now so 4-5 MPY was the range of guys I was looking at. I should mention it's possible that Jim L could maneuver a deal with a guy like Darrell Bevell or Lewis to run the offense and asst HC thus checking many boxes.
That’s realistic. Depends how much the UW foundation chips in, they already are playing a nice chunk of JL’s deal

That’s probably close if not spot on. So let’s be honest. Do you see UW paying $4m+ to PC next year and add on $6m for a new HC? Unlikely.
Not really. Realistically, the pool for the job is small. I am sure Chris M wants Jimmy to work out badly just for that reason.

Not really. Realistically, the pool for the job is small. I am sure Chris M wants Jimmy to work out badly just for that reason.
I would agree with that 100%.

Although I'm inclined to agree with the lower salary level you guys are projecting for the next HC, I do think we're going to see some changes when it comes to outside money. I'm convinced there's going to be some changes, and there are those who just might be able to make it happen.

I see the value perspective of hiring Leonhard. I see it possible he could lure Bevell, or Lewis in, to run the offense. It could be the ticket for them to move up within a couple of years, to highly ranked programs. I don't think Leonhard would stay, if either of those two was hired as HC, and he was to remain as DC.

My heart says I want Leonhard, but my head knows I have to be an outsider on this decision, to make it work. I have no idea where this is heading. But, I do think if Leonhard runs the table, or at least holds on to lose only one more game, and wins a bowl game, the job will be his, on a 3 or 4 year deal.

That said, I see him already sorting out the candidates he wants to fill the OC role. That decision would decide for Mertz, whether he stays, or hits the portal. I don't see much staying the same in the offensive coaching ranks to be honest. It's going to be about change, and it's even possible that we'll see an exodus of some of our RBs.

Whatever. It's going to be an interesting end to the season, and early off season. Hopefully the Badgers are smart enough to install a new HC before the first of February. They can't waste recruiting time.

Although I'm inclined to agree with the lower salary level you guys are projecting for the next HC, I do think we're going to see some changes when it comes to outside money. I'm convinced there's going to be some changes, and there are those who just might be able to make it happen.

I see the value perspective of hiring Leonhard. I see it possible he could lure Bevell, or Lewis in, to run the offense. It could be the ticket for them to move up within a couple of years, to highly ranked programs. I don't think Leonhard would stay, if either of those two was hired as HC, and he was to remain as DC.

My heart says I want Leonhard, but my head knows I have to be an outsider on this decision, to make it work. I have no idea where this is heading. But, I do think if Leonhard runs the table, or at least holds on to lose only one more game, and wins a bowl game, the job will be his, on a 3 or 4 year deal.

That said, I see him already sorting out the candidates he wants to fill the OC role. That decision would decide for Mertz, whether he stays, or hits the portal. I don't see much staying the same in the offensive coaching ranks to be honest. It's going to be about change, and it's even possible that we'll see an exodus of some of our RBs.

Whatever. It's going to be an interesting end to the season, and early off season. Hopefully the Badgers are smart enough to install a new HC before the first of February. They can't waste recruiting time.
Yes to this. I would expect to have someone in place by the end of December for the reasons you mentioned. As to the portal I fully expect a few guys to put their name in. Mertz comes to mind off the top.

Offer the coach free shoes at the Shoe Box. ;)

Probably the most overblown story in decades. Everyone in Madison got a discount there
Compared to what was being done by other schools, this was a drop in the bucket. At least they didn't hit the Badgers too hard.

read article that athletes at UW can actually shop there now for first time in like 25 years after school lifted ban of going there.

Back