2021 Off Season Thread

Rodgers will be back. He'll play out his contract. His last year in GB will be a protection year for him. Don't look for him to take hits, or be that much of a play maker. He's going to protect his body so he can pull a 2 year contract somewhere else, loaded with goal oriented bonuses that will break the bank.

Why do I say this? I think Rodgers will be out to prove that it wasn't him that was the problem in getting over the top, it was coaching and the people doing the drafting. It's a little like Brady in some ways. Proving a point. Brady left NE, choosing the Bucs, because he knew they were loaded and needed a QB. He wanted to prove it was him, not Belichek who kept the Pats winning. Brady and Rodgers have the egos to match that belief.

Since Rodgers has seen how it's working for Brady won't hesitate for a heartbeat to do the same thing.
Not confident he plays out his contract. That means that they are letting Love hit FA because Rodgers and Love's contracts expire at the same time. Beyond next year it's a crap shoot how long he stays in GB.

Not confident he plays out his contract. That means that they are letting Love hit FA because Rodgers and Love's contracts expire at the same time. Beyond next year it's a crap shoot how long he stays in GB.
You might well be right about him being gone before the last year starts. Either way it's a win-win situation for him and he knows it. He leaves end of contract or because they terminate contract. Neither points a finger at him as wanting to leave.

Love? Who knows. It's possible that by the middle of next season they'll decide he just plain ain't got it, and want to move him. Or, they could surmise he's ready to roll, and give him some game time the latter part of the season, if the Pack ain't going nowhere. It all depends on how well they're doing by the mid-point, or a bit later.

At some point Love is going to take snaps as the starting QB in GB unless he’s a failure on the level not seen yet. While possible, in today’s environment you don’t toss to the side a first round pick, at a premium position and that you invested draft capital to trade up and get and is on a cheap rookie deal.

How does that impact 12’s future? I’ve always been on the side that he walks away. A QB’s skill set can fall off the cliff fast. After the 2021 / 2022 season there needs to be a “come to Jesus” discussion with Rodgers and the organization. It’s a conversation I hope that the organization learned from during the Favre mess, a conversation I don’t think was possible with Favre but is with Rodgers. They are just wired differently.

A trade? Maybe but who knows his value in 12 months and who know what team has that need and financial resources to pull it off. Walk away? How much does Rodgers love the game? Does he want to start over again? One ankle sprain or knee issue could make that answer really simple

He won’t play out his contract in GB. As much as we dislike the 2020 draft, it was done with that in mind. Moving on from Rodgers.
I expect to see a trend in this draft that affirms what we saw last year. Maybe not as much in-your-face as 2020, but it will be there.
They are building a post-Rodgers team rather than making it a win-now team.

He won’t play out his contract in GB. As much as we dislike the 2020 draft, it was done with that in mind. Moving on from Rodgers.
I expect to see a trend in this draft that affirms what we saw last year. Maybe not as much in-your-face as 2020, but it will be there.
They are building a post-Rodgers team rather than making it a win-now team.
If you draft good players it helps with Rodgers and after Rodgers.

I can't argue with people that say that Rodgers could be kaput after next season. It could even come next season.

But, every time I think that, I see headlines, and Tom Brady taking a team to the Super Bowl. Then I think.... that's really what Rodgers is chasing. In Green Bay, at his best level possible, or somewhere else.

We don't have a clue as to how long Rodgers can play at a top level. A lot of people thought he was through before this season started. So, what did he do this year? Probably the MVP of the league.

The writing is on the wall regarding Rodgers future with the Pack, but it isn't in permanent ink.

Rodgers mentioned wanting a new contract and will push for a new contract to draw out the Pack's plans for ♥️, so that he can determine his next moves. He's sharp and calculating. This will give him information.

If you don't think Rodgers is unhappy that other teams seem to find a way to go all in, yet the Pack never does. I'll sell you our Pack's fully compacted ready to build on swampland in FL, and we'll share a laugh at the Florabama.

Why would Rodgers take a pay cut when the Pack consistently shows it is planning for the future and not the now?

Murphy says the Pack isn't stupid. I think Rodgers is going to make the Pack look like they can't figure out how to open the checkers box while he checkmates them. I don't think this will be a happy Packers off-season.

Get ready to show some ♥️

• Haha
Reactions: TW
The writing is on the wall regarding Rodgers future with the Pack, but it isn't in permanent ink.

Rodgers mentioned wanting a new contract and will push for a new contract to draw out the Pack's plans for ♥️, so that he can determine his next moves. He's sharp and calculating. This will give him information.

If you don't think Rodgers is unhappy that other teams seem to find a way to go all in, yet the Pack never does. I'll sell you our Pack's fully compacted ready to build on swampland in FL, and we'll share a laugh at the Florabama.

Why would Rodgers take a pay cut when the Pack consistently shows it is planning for the future and not the now?

Murphy says the Pack isn't stupid. I think Rodgers is going to make the Pack look like they can't figure out how to open the checkers box while he checkmates them. I don't think this will be a happy Packers off-season.

Get ready to show some ♥️
When did Rodgers say he wanted a new deal. That was all media speculation

When did Rodgers say he wanted a new deal. That was all media speculation

I thought I read that one of the talking heads said he wanted a new deal. I could have read it wrong. Regardless, I think he will be maneuvering.

What were they thinking,. :eek:
they were not thinking. just more stupidity from our "leadership". i realize gute wasn't technically in charge back then, but i think he was high enough up the ladder to have significant influence. i'd really love to know who actually thought that was a great idea.

Back