2022-23 Milwaukee Bucks

excellent win by the bucks backups. the only thing that mildly concerns me is that the celtics, sixers and cavs all have better point differentials (points scored vs points given up) than the bucks. but i think that some of that is due to the bucks playing their bench more minutes than those other teams. but that's pure conjecture. not even sure that's true tbh.

excellent win by the bucks backups. the only thing that mildly concerns me is that the celtics, sixers and cavs all have better point differentials (points scored vs points given up) than the bucks. but i think that some of that is due to the bucks playing their bench more minutes than those other teams. but that's pure conjecture. not even sure that's true tbh.
It's a good question. We're going to find out in the near future.

I wonder how often MKE had their big 3 out on the court together at one time this year. Seems it was not a ton.

I wonder how often MKE had their big 3 out on the court together at one time this year. Seems it was not a ton.
It would be interesting, knowing how many minutes the three actually were out there. It might be surprisingly low. But, a lot of that will also be due to the long injury time outs by Middleton.

In fact, I think Middleton is not ready to play long minutes. He'll be used sparingly, early in the playoffs, and more, as they progress. It's going to be a real test of Bud's ability to time manage players, and still get the best out of the team, doing it.

That, in a way, is what concerns me going into the playoffs. In games where they've had multiple injuries, they've folded like a $2 suit quite often this year, losing by 20 or more points. Let's hope that doesn't in the playoffs. It could give an opponent confidence, and that's not something you want to see against you.

It would be interesting, knowing how many minutes the three actually were out there. It might be surprisingly low. But, a lot of that will also be due to the long injury time outs by Middleton.

In fact, I think Middleton is not ready to play long minutes. He'll be used sparingly, early in the playoffs, and more, as they progress. It's going to be a real test of Bud's ability to time manage players, and still get the best out of the team, doing it.

That, in a way, is what concerns me going into the playoffs. In games where they've had multiple injuries, they've folded like a $2 suit quite often this year, losing by 20 or more points. Let's hope that doesn't in the playoffs. It could give an opponent confidence, and that's not something you want to see against you.
With Middleton question is if he opts out of his contract after season which he most likely will. Do you resign a guy who's going to be 32 in August and looks like injuries are starting to catch up to him. Not sure he's worth a 4-5 year deal worth 40-50 million a year.

Middleton's health will be a big question again in the playoffs.

My hope is Holiday and someone else will step up to fill in that gap. Holiday has had the best season of his career. Let's hope that continues in the playoffs. FCC(

The other key for the playoffs is free throws.

Giannis has to make his free throws in tight games. You know teams will foul him when they can and make him earn it.

When we won the title a few years ago, he made timely free throws in the finals and that is a big reason why we won the championship.

Of the big 3, having MIddleton sidelined with an injury is far less a problem than it is with either Holiday or Giannis out. With guys like Crowder, Ingles, Connaughton, and Allen available, there's a decent group of back up personnel that some of the slack is covered. It also increases the role of Portis, which isn't a bad thing either.

Hopefully that won't be the case. But, based on the recent history of Khris, it could well be that he spends some shelf time.

As far as his being with the Bucks next year, I think it's his choice. This article, from Forbes, tells a lot of interesting aspects about where this could go.

Back