2022 Badger Football Thread

And if anyone thought this UCLA / USC thing was just discussed recently, I have some beachfront properties in Peoria to sell you. The B1G media rights deal was supposed to be done a month ago.

Follow the money

I wish I could say something that wouldn't sound like an "I told you so," considering some of us have been talking USC and UCLA as being high ranking candidates to join the Big 10 instead of realignment to hand it all to OSU, Michigan, and Penn ST.

I think it will eventually lead to four more teams so they can keep the name intact by having 10 teams East, and 10 teams West. Possibly two divisions (but not necessarily) on each side, and a playoff system ending up as part of the mix.
Notre Dame to the 10 is hot and heavy right now, also some whispers of Virginia Tech and BYU out there.

Notre Dame to the 10 is hot and heavy right now, also some whispers of Virginia Tech and BYU out there.
If you read tea leaves and what the B1G has done historically
UNC
Duke
Colorado
Georgia Tech

AAU schools with larger TV markets. ND makes sense obviously. Va Tech does if they bring UVA

If you read tea leaves and what the B1G has done historically
UNC
Duke
Colorado
Georgia Tech

AAU schools with larger TV markets. ND makes sense obviously. Va Tech does if they bring UVA
If your going that route then yes, Colorado for the Denver market, Virginia for the DC and Northern Virginia area and I would go NC State over UNC because Raleigh Durham is a huge market, and State bleeds into the Charlotte TV market a lot.

Almost forgot..... don't sleep on PITT, that's a huge market and renews several rivalries like PITT/Penn State and PITT/Notre Dame

If your going that route then yes, Colorado for the Denver market, Virginia for the DC and Northern Virginia area and I would go NC State over UNC because Raleigh Durham is a huge market, and State bleeds into the Charlotte TV market a lot.
Yeah but B1G Chancellors have had this thing only accepting AAU schools. Don’t think NC State is. They technically have the DC market with Maryland

Any chance ND gives up being Indy and Big Ten adds them?

Back