2022 Draft Simulator

Personally Gary has panned out fine. He led the team in sacks and was probably next to Clark the most consistent in the front 7
2018:
1st round Jaire Alexander
2nd round Josh Jackson

2019:
1st round Rashan Gary, Darnell Savage
2nd round Elgton Jenkins

2020:
1st round Jordan Love
2nd round AJ Dillon

2021:
1st round JJ Stokes
2nd round Josh Myers

So going into 2022 season out of 9 picks since Gute has been GM GB will have 6 out of 9 picks in 1st 2 rounds being starting players. Also AJ Dillon plays a ton too so you can almost say 7 out of 9. Gute does very well in the 1st two rounds IMO.

Personally Gary has panned out fine. He led the team in sacks and was probably next to Clark the most consistent in the front 7
yeah, but we burned three years of his rookie contract getting there. that's not what you want to see from a high first round pick.

yeah, but we burned three years of his rookie contract getting there. that's not what you want to see from a high first round pick.
But that's due to GB going all in and paying big money to the Smiths. Really it was only 2 years of him being a backup as last year with Z out he was the other starter next to Preston.

And sometimes it takes 1-2 years for the lightbulb to go on. I’ll even say in 2020 the last half of the year he was the most consistent DL in the rotation

And sometimes it takes 1-2 years for the lightbulb to go on. I’ll even say in 2020 the last half of the year he was the most consistent DL in the rotation
Yep Rodgers sat for 3 years and until year 3 it did not look like he was near ready to play

Yep Rodgers sat for 3 years and until year 3 it did not look like he was near ready to play
That was more by design than anything else. I won’t defend Gary because I was critical of him also but I like what he brings. He needs to be more consistent but the talent is there

well, i'll just say that we have four picks in the top 60, and i really want to see us come away with four players who at least have the potential of actually contributing this year - not three years down the line. other teams seem to have no problems finding guys that can contribute from day one - why not us?

That was more by design than anything else. I won’t defend Gary because I was critical of him also but I like what he brings. He needs to be more consistent but the talent is there
Gary was very raw out of college. Should he have been taken at 12? WHo knows he was taken more on talent then ready to play

Gary was very raw out of college. Should he have been taken at 12? WHo knows he was taken more on talent then ready to play
No he was not raw. The knock on him was he was inconsistent and at times lacked “a motor”.

Back