2022 NFL News

Well, Baltimore is a running team first - that's kind of a given. The fact that in 2021 Lamar had only the 25th most passing yards reinforces that. So the question is - should Baltimore pay him "elite" money if he's at the bottom of the league in passing yards?
Me ? Yes. The market dictates the spend and based on his body of work he’s a top 10 QB especially after Brady and Rodgers leave. You put some journeyman or rookie at QB they see 8 in the box all day. Also he only played 12 games last year. And honestly past Brady and Rodgers who in the league is “elite”, I know subjective but it’s a small group.

And they won’t be in a position to draft a Stroud or Young or Levis this year and probably not next either.

Me ? Yes. The market dictates the spend and based on his body of work he’s a top 10 QB especially after Brady and Rodgers leave. You put some journeyman or rookie at QB they see 8 in the box all day. Also he only played 12 games last year. And honestly past Brady and Rodgers who in the league is “elite”, I know subjective but it’s a small group.

And they won’t be in a position to draft a Stroud or Young or Levis this year and probably not next either.
Is he top 10 yes but you don't pay him number 1 money. I just don't think he's a QB to lead a team to a SB.

Is he top 10 yes but you don't pay him number 1 money. I just don't think he's a QB to lead a team to a SB.
Again the market dictates pay. And what is #1 money anyway. So don’t pay him and become a 6 win team is far from optimal also. So based on your logic play QB musical chairs until you find a needle in a haystack

Again the market dictates pay. And what is #1 money anyway. So don’t pay him and become a 6 win team is far from optimal also. So based on your logic play QB musical chairs until you find a needle in a haystack
At some time got to say a guy is only worth so much can't overpay guys that leads you to GB's issues overpaying and having crappy depth

At some time got to say a guy is only worth so much can't overpay guys that leads you to GB's issues overpaying and having crappy depth
And that’s why I keep saying structure is important. Fine don’t overpay, but then be prepared for multiple mediocre non playoff years unless you get lucky finding a QB. It’s not as much overpaying it’s more the market dictates it, especially at QB

And that’s why I keep saying structure is important. Fine don’t overpay, but then be prepared for multiple mediocre non playoff years unless you get lucky finding a QB. It’s not as much overpaying it’s more the market dictates it, especially at QB
But can you afford to give a guy 50 millon a year and say 200+ guaranteed if say he's worth 45 a year and 150 guaranteed?

But can you afford to give a guy 50 millon a year and say 200+ guaranteed if say he's worth 45 a year and 150 guaranteed?
Yes, structure. And guess what? Cap jumps up the next 2-3 years as TV deals kick in. But the alternative is some QB who resembles Tyler Huntley. Brilliant

Tyler Dunne posted a portion of the complain against the punter the Bills just cut. Holy hell....

Back