2022 NFL News

It's a great area for the park. I don't think they could find a better one, unless they moved out in the country. I wonder why they didn't pull the trigger on this when they had a chance, before the modifications on Soldier Field.
I believe there was a long term lease in place at the time also. Currently runs till 2033 but I think there is an early out provision in 2026

I believe there was a long term lease in place at the time also. Currently runs till 2033 but I think there is an early out provision in 2026
Yeah heard on radio something like 60 odd million they can buy the lease out?

Still peanuts to be able to move and get a brand new stadium along with the enterainment district they would build with it. Solider field is a outdated stadium makes zero sense to try to update it again plus no way you can put a entertainment district next to Solider field.

I am guessing after Bears move city tears down Solider Field uses land for commerical use to try to get something out of it.

I am guessing after Bears move city tears down Solider Field uses land for commerical use to try to get something out of it.
Considering the area it’s prime real estate for a mixed use residential area also with condos and retail. Better off selling to a developer

We're talking multi-million dollar condos, and nothing but top of the line shopping, and services. It's going to be a golden paradise for those who can afford it. That land is gold standard land.

Yes it was, but they were looking to sell, and it was at a much lower price than what they paid for it down the road. At the time, they had a lot of debt load on the track, and wanted to get relief from it. Love the area. A wise choice by the Bears.
Growing up in Racine county, the golf pro at our local country club and his cronies were regular attendees at Arlington Park to play the ponies.

Growing up in Racine county, the golf pro at our local country club and his cronies were regular attendees at Arlington Park to play the ponies.
I was born in Racine, raised half the time there, and the other half in Northwestern Wisconsin.

Back