2022 NFL News

Let’s see the details on the Wilson deal. Let’s see how much of $165 is guaranteed at signing

As to Jackson there is no deadline. The more interesting comp would be a Burrow of Herbert extension. Wilson is 33, will be 34 in November. Jackson is 25. That would factor into things
Not sure Burrow or Herbert even get a full contract also with them there is no deadline both have two years left after this year and face a 2 year tag so no rush on them Jackson has more of a rush then those two.

Not sure Burrow or Herbert even get a full contract also with them there is no deadline both have two years left after this year and face a 2 year tag so no rush on them Jackson has more of a rush then those two.
Well that’s exactly my point. That’s the comp that’s important. He can afford to wait it out

Burrow will get extended before 2024. Especially with the cap going up they will avoid the 5th year or tag at all cost. It’s cap management

I was under the impression that Wisconsin and California aren't included in the UBE? I know the majority of states are, but they aren't part of it. I don't recall how many states aren't UBE inclusive, but there are several.

Maybe this has changed. I'm kind of behind the times
Ah, it's my mistake, NCBE's website says CA isn't a UBE state, but I thought it was.

I have no interest in sitting for any bar ever again, however. But something like 35-40 states have adopted it as of this summer. Virginia and Flordia are the other major non-UBE states, in addition to Wisconsin.

The next major step is deciding whether to waive into Minnesota since it's less than 10 miles from my house.

Bears envision building a multi-purpose entertainment district anchored by a "new, best-in-class enclosed stadium, providing Chicagoland with a new home worthy of hosting global events such as the Super Bowl, College Football Playoff and Final Four." The Bears penned an open letter vowing to not seek public funding for "direct stadium structure construction" but expressed a desire with various governmental agencies to secure additional funding and assistance for the remainder of the development which would also include restaurants, office space

It's still Chicago area so will become a crime filled crap hole in no time flat.

Bears envision building a multi-purpose entertainment district anchored by a "new, best-in-class enclosed stadium, providing Chicagoland with a new home worthy of hosting global events such as the Super Bowl, College Football Playoff and Final Four." The Bears penned an open letter vowing to not seek public funding for "direct stadium structure construction" but expressed a desire with various governmental agencies to secure additional funding and assistance for the remainder of the development which would also include restaurants, office space

It's still Chicago area so will become a crime filled crap hole in no time flat.
It's in Arlington..not a crap hole by any means and certainly not "in" Chicago.... far North burbs

The demographics of Arlington Heights support a development like this unlike Titletown. Affluent area and not even close to downtown.

It would be comparable to putting Fiserv Forum in Fox Point , Brookfield or Mequon

It's a great area for the park. I don't think they could find a better one, unless they moved out in the country. I wonder why they didn't pull the trigger on this when they had a chance, before the modifications on Soldier Field.

It's a great area for the park. I don't think they could find a better one, unless they moved out in the country. I wonder why they didn't pull the trigger on this when they had a chance, before the modifications on Soldier Field.
Race track was still in use at the time I think. This just happened now because the racetrack closed and land came up for sale.

Race track was still in use at the time I think. This just happened now because the racetrack closed and land came up for sale.
Yes it was, but they were looking to sell, and it was at a much lower price than what they paid for it down the road. At the time, they had a lot of debt load on the track, and wanted to get relief from it. Love the area. A wise choice by the Bears.

Back